Do you think your opinions matter?

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

I agree with Sabrina here, age is nothing to me, I am sure there are many "younger" ppl who write better than I do, the reason I read is to get new perspectives, ideas, and to let ppl know I appreciate what they wrote. I do however feel that there are way too many young ppl on here who lack maturity, but hey, there are pleanty of adults who do too.

• Terri Lynn
    19 years ago

I to Agree with Tim and Sabrina. I think all the adults are respectful to the younger people on this site. I haven't come across anyone who doesn't respect what I have to say, they may not agree, but they respect. I think MOST people on this site have earned the respect of everyone, minus a few(not mentioning any names) who have thrown that privledge out the window. I'm overall very happy with the attitude of everyone on here.

• Manders
    19 years ago

I think I am also one on that list right???

For one thing.. Age doesn't mean a thing to me. It's how you make yourself look to others...

Everyone has there right to there own opinions.. And When I see someone that is younger then me having problems with soemthing I have dealt with when I was that age. I will try and help.. But when I try and help.. I get told I am being a Bitch!!! or making younger people look stupid.. I am only 22.. I am still young. I have a little sister, and a younger cousin that looks up to me for many things..

I have been through many things.. and I have seen amy things.. So when someone wants help on this board.. I will tell them what I think.. and how I dealt with it..

I personally am not here to cut anyone up. and I think Luke is on the same page as me... I am hear to help kids out who need it... I am a social worker, and I don't think I would have my job if I didn't do it right..

As for lacking experience... I know this wasn;t ment for me.. but It's not that you lack it. It's just we have been thorugh some things. and know what happens when you take the bad route.. So we are trying to tell you take this way out... you will end feeling much better about yourself in the end...

So I am sorry of you got offended by anything I have said. . I only try to help people the best I know how.. and that if that means telling them the truth sometimes.. then so be it..

• David
    19 years ago

Well for one Cassie, I don't think that you are stupid,
    The fact that you are here telling us your story proves it. Most 16 year olds would still be cutting, or dead.

No one shares your pain.. or can never experience your expriences, so no one is in position to criticize it. No matter how smart they think they are.
    oh... unless they are a vulcan and can do the vulcan mind thingie sharing thingie thing. :)

No one shares my pain, it is invisible,
    No one feels my anger, it has many faces.
    How can you tell me that you understand?
    How can you tell me that you feel my sorrow?

That's part of a poem called 'Invisible Scars'

• Manders
    19 years ago

Cassie.. I never knew you were 16!!! I thought you were younger.. and I once was 16.. Just when I was 16.. know one did any of the things 16 year olds do today!! The world is much different now. and Kids are growing up much faster.. For me to be 22 and you 16.. It's hard to believe someone at such a young age has to go through all those things I went though at age 18 maybe a bit older..

I do have a little sister, and I watched her go through things I did at a later age.. I never once said someone younger then me was stupid... and If I offended you.. then I would love to know how??? People will say things that may come off rude to some.. and not to others.. If I did offend you.. then I am sorry.. Tha was not what I was trying to do..

But to tell me I treat you different becuse you are younger then me is a lie.. and You can't say I would, because I fist off didn't know how old you were.. I never judge anyone for the age they are.. Unless they act like idiots, and do nothing but mean things to people.. I don't know how old many of these people are.. That's why it's called the internet.. You talk to people who are your age older or maybe even younger then you..

I cannot keep replying to this thread.. becuase everything I said gets either cut up by you.. or anyone else that feels the need to start shit.. When you read this,.. Say what you want.. but I will not read it or reply.. This is nothing but a waste of my time.. and I have better things to be doing. like getting my wedding stuff done.. I thought I was helping people.. But I'm obviously not.. so I will keep my comments to myself.. Later!