why?

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

It used to be the same way for me. But after reading some of Aken Sol's love poems, I wrote a few happy poems myself. I think I'm regressing though...

• Kia
    19 years ago

I know how you feel, but for me my poems are sad because i use poetry to express the anger and hurt that i dont really have any other way to get out. I use poetry as a means of channeling my anger, my pain, and my stife. i know why mine is sad, because i have nothing happy to write about.

• Aken Sol
    19 years ago

Heh. Well, i write whenever i feel the need to also. When i was in loe i wote about how wonderful love is. When she broke my heart, i wrote about how there isnt such a thing called love. Basically, i write what my emotions tell me to write.
    Aken Sol

• Heathergirl
    19 years ago

i find that people write what is inside them try and cheer up just smile and keep going!!

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

No, Emilie, you are not strange... just try to keep a positive outlook... Imagine the happy ending to a poem...and just keep focused on that... I have writtensome of my best love poems when I was heart-broken, because I was writing about what I wanted as if I already had it.

• Just Ariel
    19 years ago

I couldn't write something happy if my life depended on it so trust me your not alone

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

After reading some happy poems I wrote a few myself, you might want to try that out.

• Mass Murder
    19 years ago

Yes i do that to see:

One Way

Her voices tell her what to do
    Like where to go and who to screw
    They tell her shes not beautiful
    they tell her your not great
    the only thing she gets
    is "Is death will do you right ".
    she fallowed these words
    But they took her by surprise
    As she watched her body start to rise
    But as she looked down
    another her..with i bloody knife in her hand
    and she could fill her pain
    the voices were no longer a game
    She thought they would led her to happiness
    A life of joy
    A life of dreams
    But now She has no life
    All because those voices
    that killed her that day
    The depression overcomes her
    Her death is what she got
    Maybe next time someone will remember
    They price this girl payed
    all because the voices she heard that dreadful day

• twisted faith
    19 years ago

hunny dw it happens 2 me (just read my poems,) even wen i tried 2 write 1 2 explain (more 2 myself then ne1) how i felt about my bf it ended up wth me h8in myself 4 not bein able 2 write how much i luv him, but then i think 'im not writin this my heart is so mayb i dont luv him' i gave up (on the poem not my bf)

• StarGirl
    19 years ago

Completely Normal hun

• callie
    19 years ago

not at all. i'm the same way. depressing stuff has more energy. if you are depressed its gonna be hard to write happy stuff when thats not how you feel. i think sad stuff is kooler to read anyway.

• Manda
    19 years ago

I think it's because most people use Poetry to express the hurt and anger they are feeling or have felt. I think it's very common for people to have more Depressing and/or Sad Poems than Happy Ones, because it's just easier to write when you are bummed out or realy angry.

I use Poetry as a way to get out what I want to say, but just don't know how. I also use it to make myself and others understand how I feel. When you are a Teen, like me, sadness, pain, and anger are things you experience often. And even if you do not experience them often, when you do, they are always much worse. When your a Teen is generally when you find your first love (which I have already done), and then you experience your first heartbreak (which I've already had), and many other things that make you Question life and other stuff. But even adults experience grief a lot. I'm not sure how exactly, because I am only a Teen, but I have noticed that they are the same way as we are.

|With Love|
    -Manda

• chavii
    19 years ago

well i blive sadness is very strong human emotion n most times it out runs other emotions like happiness so many great poets used this emotion to express lifes phases
    so welcome to g8 poets community.