No1 bothers to look at my poems

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I think it's just been a kinda slow night, .... the couple poems of yours I read are really good... I will get back to them when I have time.... Go into the category that is for requesting people to read your poems, and post a message there.... if you ask...and if you read/comment on theirs, too, most people are more than happy to read...

• LiL One
    19 years ago

I know how u feel...sometimes I find myself begging people to read my poems...LiL One

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

Rohit, I am an Indian too. But i live in the USA. I do get comments and votes.. at least in a satisfying range.I don't compare myself to other's.. so I am happy with what i get (Except when i get hit by the one-er every once in a while)... I can give a reason for why our work is not that much recogonized as other's. Just my personal opinion it is. First.. Western culture is totally different from ours. Obiviously the way of thinking will be different. And our poems will reflect the difference..which may look wiered for them but normal to us. I am not saying each and every poem will be like that... but atleast most of them. And the terminologies we use and people of west use are different... So you can't blame others... In this site people are majorly from UK and US..actually west. So you should be more patient and just write poems for yourself... Talent is like 'light'. light can't hide...don't worry..soon your works will be recogonized..I will check your work right now.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

I really don't pay any attention to race when I read poems, or choose poems to read, so I doubt that has very much to do with it. The main problem is that many people don't comment, and usually if the people comment, it is just on people they already have on their friends list. So often, new talent isn't recognized for a while. I would sit back and relax for a bit. Write poetry because it does something for you, not so you can get comments on it just yet, no matter how cool comments are. Speaking of which, Danielle, I'll check out your poems soon... I'm just really tired right now.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I usually don't even look at the profile until after I've read some of their poems. When I first started posting poems, it took a couple months for my comments to kick in...and what I did was I found a popular poet and read and commented on ALL their poems...and then loked through the comments for regular commenters and went and read and commented THEIR poems...Another thing I do: when someone comments, I will go as soon as I can and read/comment as many of their poems as I can..and THANK them for reading/commenting my poems.....

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

I didn't mean to say some body is being racist in this site...I have found a lot of good friends in this site... and this site is surely like a family....Its hard to explain what i meant.. I hope rohit understood it correctly.... If i hurt anybody... i am sorry...

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I don't think anything you said in your previous post was racist at all, Trincy... our cultural differences are surely diverse...I think you did alot to help both sides understand

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

Thanks Ann... I usually tend to swallow words...and people misunderstand me. I was a little over consious because of that.. I tend to read what i meant..not what i wrote... So i thought , may be i wrote something wrong.

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

I can understand your frusteration... well hey I'll go read your poems and comment on them now! =)

~Grace

• AbduL LaTiF
    19 years ago

Hey Danielle,
    you dont need to tell people to look at ur poems, coz i m sure they r good, dats y u posted them.. if they weren't good, u wouldn't have posted them..
    dont think dat i m mean to u.. juss felt like giving u advise or hope or anything u feel like...
    ok wat if i say they r bad? would u believe me?? if "yes" then dat means u dont trust urself.. and if "no" then otherwise.. hope u get it.. be HAPPY

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

You notice it's a lot of those amateur poems that get hundreds of votes? Like the ones that go ' You stole my heart and left it scarred, getting over you is really hard' things? If you're going to write about love, make it good people, make it good! I am dying for more votes, but other people (naming no names) put up hundreds of poems that are completely rubbish but they get hundreds of votes. Why don't people appreciate us people who write a few good poems (not that mine are good) instead of people who write a truck-load of bulls**t? Peace, love and empathy.
    -Belle Misericordia

• Rachael/7MidniteTears
    19 years ago

i;ll read your poems, no one ever reads mine 'cept meena, trisha, and adreana. so i feel that i've lost my talent : (

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

It takes a while for an author to get known ... stick in there, people will find out about you soon enough and comment/vote!! :-)

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

It does take a while, and sometimes it takes a breakthrough poem to set it loose, then you nd up with a string of votes and comments. Doesn't cut the waiting time short though. Another tip; when someone comments on your work, go and comment on some of theirs, and thank them for taking the time to give their opinion. Believe me, when people feel their opinion is appreciated, they'll comment more.

• Lexi Lou
    19 years ago

what does indian have anything to do with it and it looks girly like lots of people comment on your poems....