faith, wavering

• Manders
    19 years ago

I have been Catholic my entire life.. and I was quick to find out that it's not my thing. I have been to Catholic school, been forced to go to church in school. But did I ever believe it NO.. I mean, there are things I believe. But to pray for something to become better, or to pray for a loved one.. Never worked for me.. In fact I remember praying to God about my grandma.. and he never did a thing to help me..

As for what's going on in your life.. I cannot tell you not to believe in God.. That's up to you.. You friends, they do come and go.. At that age, they are all about image. and what makes them look better. if someone comes a long that will help get them more popular, then you are pushed aside. A time will come when you meet a true friend, and nothing will break you apart. Until then have fun with whom every you are with..

For your Ex. If you and him have been together for a while. and you truly love him! then maybe you should think about stopping the things he's so upset about.. He just wants you to be safe, and not wreck your life with all those bad things.. I can see where he is coming from. but I can also see your views. Life is hard to live in. Things will come back around, and you feel better about your faith, and everything else.. So it's up to you to believe or not. Know one can tell you to be or not!

• Katie Marie
    19 years ago

Alright here's some advice... Life can't go well all the time, and life is what you make of it. You can be like the person who posted above me and blame God for all the crappy things in your life or you can just suck it up and move on. God hears your prays but sometimes there not ment to come true. Just hang in there and I'm sure every thing will turn out great! If you need to talk my email is kati3m33ks@hotmail.com

• Tabetha
    19 years ago

i feel the same way as u do, wheneva i sit down, kneel or w/e to pray, it all seems like im goin through the motions.........
    but a thing i noticed afta i started to get like dat, is that im never as happy as i used to be.,well happy i guess isnt the word, i dont feel as much joy in my life right now, so for me, im trying to get my faith back, as quickly as possible.........
    im not sur if u should do the sam thing, or whatt, i guess its really up to u, if u dont feel comfortable praying and talkin to God like u used ot, or something, maybe u shouldnt keep trying, but what i think is that maybe u should try to get ur faith back......
    i hope that helps.....its not really that much advice.....but.....yeah, thats what i would do:)

anyways,
    Tabetha