Depressed Friend

• HisAngel
    19 years ago

heya ppl. i have a serious dilemma. my best friend is thinking about cutting. i myself am depressed so i know what she's going through but it's never gotten 2 that point. she's afraid and so am i, the other day she actually went and got a knife but didn't go trough with it, thank god. I'm afraid for her safety and i want to help her but i don't know how. can some1 plz help?
    Silent Death

• >> Beautifully Mistaken
    19 years ago

hey, i am a cutter myself, n it is a serious safety hazard, u have to do everything in ur power, to convince her that it isnt the right thing to do, becoz it isnt

• >> Beautifully Mistaken
    19 years ago

or him lol sorry

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

no I'm pretty sure it is a girl. Hey Silent Death, I don't know much about convincing people not to cut, but I know that with all problems there are several ways to go about solving it. I mean, you could just stop her from cutting somehow, or you should try to make her not depressed. I know the second option seems even harder than the first, but I think the effects would last longer and in the long run take up less energy.

• HisAngel
    19 years ago

ur right it is a girl. I know what u mean when u said "try to make her not depressed". i'm getting over depression as i said and i had a really good friend help me through that. i'm not overly convicing at the best of times. i may as well try what i can to help i mean if i don't theres no gain and i might lose a close friend. thanks for ur advice.
    Silent Death