Senseless Arguing?

• HOLLY ARMER
    18 years ago

It all depends on the moon my dear Sunny :)
    No seriously, for myself I tend to be very passive. However, if I've had a bad day I'll argue about anything.
    I understand the lady going to bat for the pregnant women, but if she wasn't pregnant herself then I don't really see the point of continuing the arguement and trying to include others. But some people are like that always on a soap box about something.

• Timeless Hopeful
    18 years ago

In all honesty: Arguing to me is fun...So my post is leaning on "just for the sake of doing so". But that only happens when an argument already started.

Bad blood ensues with the argument, well on the heat of the moment. But in the long run, when we are done, we leave it at that.

But again that is just me....

*Hi Sunny. How are you?*

• Simon Hayes
    18 years ago

Well it certainly seemed like a pointless argument. In situations like that, unless there was someone who deserved or desperately needed that parking space I would have just walked on and let the guy continue being a twit...

For me, if I'm in a bad mood and have had a bad day then I tend to argue, but I'm generally quite tactful and keep my mouth shut (unless it's major and deserves some fighting).

Disagreeing with someone is fine, and sharing points... but if it gets personal then I think it's gone too far!!

Just an opinion :)

• Lu
    18 years ago

My opinion : The man should have moved his truck and if he has a handicapp sign move to that designated parking spot .

And Sunny you did a very good deed , leaving the spots for women further along in their pregnancy . A very UNselfish act .....Although you're getting a nice little round belly there M'dear .....lol....soon time to move to the pink painted parking spot ....(they paint them pink here)

I think common sense on the man's part would have saved the entire arguement .

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

I don't think that arguing is the problem, but clinging onto the senseless causes that create them like they really matter.

• Simon Hayes
    18 years ago

I agree that is valid point I've had arguments that went on for so long and deviated so often I'd actually forgotten why we arguing in the first place, but I'm not sure that the unsatiated feelings would always come from having an ego problem. I mean, the lady that Sunny saw arguing may have been having a bad day or whatever and as you say the unsatiated feeling that she had boosted her to say what she had to say to the man. However, I wouldn't say that was ego related. It is more direction at self sacrifice. See if I was in the ladies situation I'd have just walked on by, people with no brain cells to see that the space is reserved for someone diabled or pregnant then he isn't worth arguing with. Now that would be more of a selfish thing to do right? Although we shouldn't argue she's trying to help the community I guess, at the same time as letting off a little steam? Please correct me if I'm wrong... It's still early here so I must just be in a daze =D