Sister Trouble

• Robyn Park
    19 years ago

My oldest sister just came home from Utah, and I'm about to go insane!!! I love her to death, but she is so annoying! She is extremely nosy, she was reading my poetry books without my permission, and she just laughed it off when I got mad at her for it. I don't know about you guys, but I don't let my family read my poetry, they would freak if they heard some of the things i wrote. So now I have to hide my poetry books, and anything else that I don't want her to read. And I can't talk to her about it, because every time I try to talk to her about things she has done, she takes it as a personal insult. And I know the best thing to do is to talk to her, but that doesnt work. The last time she was living at home, her and my brother got into a huge argument, and she tried to kill herself. Shes really bulemic, (whenever my mom gets mad at her, she gets really bad with her eating disorder...so if i got mad at her, it would be worse) so I have to be nice to her, but what the hell am i supposed to do?! Shes rude, self centered, nosy, bosy, etc. etc. But again, I've tried to talk to her about these things, and she explodes! Does anyone have any advise on what to do? I share a room with her for Gods sake...i have no privacy...I have to go to the park to write a damn poem so she wont be breathing down my back. Advise would be much appreciated. I love her, but I'm having a hard time liking her at the moment.

Sorry guys, just not having the best day, and my sister is getting on my nerves. But if you guys have any advise on my rants and raves...it would be appreciated.

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

Hey.. I share a room with my sister as well and I can relate to your frusteration about having no privacy. And I too do not allow my parents or family members to read my poems, so I would be pretty upset too if my sister went through my books. Have you talked to your parents about any of this? If worse comes to worse.. maybe try and find a better hiding place for your poetry books.

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

hey, i share my room too. i would be extremely embarassed and mad if ANYONE i know in person reads my poetry. well, if she's really sensitive then maybe you shouldn't do this but does she have a sense of humor? well, you can try making a poem about privacy or about her being nosy without really pointing a finger directly at her. (does that make sense???) you know, just make up a story in poetry form. put emotion in it or do it anyway you like it. then write it in a NEW poetry book. leave it in your bed/room and make sure she sees it.

OR... write a really really sweet-gaga-head-over-heels love poem or a story of her love life or you two being siblings. one that she'd like. tell her how you love her so much, how you'll always be there for her, how you're so happy to see her. give it to her in person or do the new poetry book thingy. if she likes it (and she should judging by your previous poems:) ask her to do you a favor. you know what to do...

hope that helps and i'd like to hear from you again however you approached this problem:)

• Robyn Park
    19 years ago

Grace: yeah, I have talked to my mom about it. She pretty much feels the same way I do. But you know, theres not really anything we can do about it because she just blows up. its like if someone tells her something about her that she doesnt like, its WWIII has struck.
    Victoria: I have written a lot of poems about her, and showed them to her, but none of them have anything bad about her in them. I mean, she is a great person, works really hard and all that. I mean, if I really think about it, all the good she has done for me and everyone else, it out weighs the bad, but sometimes, its hard to think about it. Ya know what I mean? I dunno. When I figure out what to do, or how to approach the subject to her, I will let you all know.

Anyone else have advise? Its much appreciated. Thank you Victoria and Grace...you gave me some ideas!

• Robyn Park
    19 years ago

My mom and her have decided that if she wont go to an edo clinic, then she at least has to go to therapy. She has perfectionist problems. I wouldnt say shes obsessive compulsive, but she want everything to be perfect. So thank you for you concern. She is getting help. Any one else have some advice?