Ego's???

• Kevin J
    19 years ago

I'm new here, and I was just reading through some of the threads/postings and I noticed that there are alot of huge ego's on this site. It seems a large number of members are more concerned about ratings more than anything else. This seems like a really cool site, but if that's what most of you are looking for, then maybe I was wrong. Everyone loves praise (even me), I mean, it makes your day and even pushes you to continue to write (to some extent), but that should be your aspiring goal?...I dont think so.

What someone rates your write is only that indiviuals opinion. As long as you like what you wrote, and you get out of your writes, what you sought to acomplish, it really should'nt matter. Most ppl probably vote based on the person and not the actually poem anyways, especially if you've been here long enough to make friends ;).

I personally would never and have never put down another poets write. I think poetry is one of the best forms of self-expression and all forms of poetic expression is good in my book.

So my question's are: Do you think you're a better poet than those that have low ratings?

Do you think low ratings mean collectively bad poetry?

Ok, I'm ready for your dogpile on the newbee..lol Just be gentle, I bruise easy :p

• Jacki
    19 years ago

Nope it doesn't matter to me weither you have a low rating or not i will still vote i will still comment on it. If i don't like the poem instead of leaving a low rating i just won't vote at all that way the person still has a good rating. Anyways i've noticed that people tend to leave you low ratings when they are jelous of you. I myself get alot of 1's and i know i write better than that. Anyways that just what i think. And i don't agree with you on that we have huge egos. Everyone one here writes wonderful things i think if we had huge egos then nobody would bother reading or commenting on other peoples work. Due to the fact there egos would get in the way and that they would think there stuff is better and there is no reason to read/vote/comment on anybody esls work............If i'm wrong then tell me but i think i hit the nail on the head.

• Kevin J
    19 years ago

Sorry Jacki, I disagree:). Huge egos have to be stroked in order for them to grow. Thats how they get so big..lol A site like this is perfect place help that growth. A person with big ego will read and comment on other works...just for other reasons (selfish reasons).

I never said "everyone here" had big egos

I think jealousy is stupid. I'm new here so dont know what kind of drama you've been having with other members, but did you ever think that maybe the ppl that gave you "alot of 1's..", maybe think you deserved it?. I know that's shocking :p I mean, everyone does have different tastes and opinions on whats good and bad. Maybe you should be mad at there honesty. That's kind of the ego thingy I was talking about :p

btw..I never said anything about there being bad poets on this site. I dont think bad poets exsists ;)
    I think this site is awesome...so far

Anyway, I hope what I said didn't piss you off. Sorry if it did. Just telling it, like I see it

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

There are some egos on the site, but what you will find more than HUGE egos are HUGELY opinionated people.

Myself included.

The people with the awards and the rankings have somewhat of a presence to their name just because people know them, other people WANT that, but thats not ego, that is yearning for something (a goal, like to get an award) or even jealousy (for instance the army of down voters we all LOVE so freaking much), but at the end of the day it doesnt matter, the good poets are good and the bad poets still suck. Votes or awards excluded, I dont think ego is the right word.

Anyway welcome to the site, and good luck. Most of us dont bite too hard, just dont rattle our cages :p *evil grin*

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I just vote and comment as honestly as I can

But yes I am probably one of the big and opinionated egos here :o)

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I should have probably stated that I am one of the biggest and most opinionated ego's ---> after Just Plain Me :o)

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Posted twice-

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

lol, Bret, Kevin (elf), Bob, and I are all on the list too.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

HUGELY opinionated, free from the fear of other people's opinion, thoughts and insults.

Yeah, I guess you could say I'm egotistical, but it's not like it isn't merited.

And if you couldn't tell, that was a joke at my own expense. Ego isn't what I'm about. Honesty, truth and where ever possible a good laugh is where it's at.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

And the title should be egos not ego's. Unless you want to refer to something belonging to an ego of course.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I didnt bring the old topic up, Matt did. I just responded because I think people misconstrue confidence and ego. Many of us *HUGELY opinionated people are very confident in our thoughts and perceptions, so we stand up for them. Thats all. Its not big egos, its big opinions and big personalities, but we tend to be pretty friendly about it and very rarely do the HUGELY opinionated people cause the trouble, its the extremists who dont know what they are talking about who get edited out.

However for very few of us is it about ego as much as truth and education of youth and less advanced poets.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Easy tiger, watch you don't burst the old ego balloon there. I was responding to Matt using your post to emulate and heighten my point of view.

I figure we're on the same side after all.

"and all of us think we are great lovers"

Bob, you can think all you like, I'll sit here comfortable with the knowledge that I am. *grins*

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

mmmm.... tiger.... I kinda like that..... ;) lol

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

LoL

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I dont use my sexuality to any advantage.

What does being sexual get me on the forum?

It doesnt really get me anywhere, it doesnt give me an advatage over other people.

Advantage of men who want me? Sure. But they want me for good reason ;)

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

I already passed comment on the Ego's thing, Matt... you Dolt.

But you're right, 100% right about Kaitlin. It is cute though and should be played up to.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Damn, that hurts kind of.

How do those comments make me liked?

I guess they are just me, for better or worse, whether that makes me liked, envied, or an evil slut. Just depends on who you talk to, I suppose.

And I dont necessarily think your statement is wrong, but I dont do it to be LIKED nearly as much as I do it because its me and relatively uncontainable. Maybe once I start actually getting laid and not just writing about I will be able to lock some of my inner dominatrix up inside and unleash her only during the appropriate time.

Like I could ever do that... haha

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Pfft . Just be yourself and enjoy it.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

No worries.

I enjoy it...

Others may even enjoy it a little :)

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Good-

No guy has ever complained before,

I'd hate to stop pleasing them now ;)

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

You're more than entitled to your opinion, however I dont think that anything aesthetic or flamboyant about me outweighs my capacity to use my intellect in any way, shape, or form.

Your jerkish tendencies annoy the shit out of many, I actually find it quite refreshing compared to all the other bull shit on these forums, but hey, everyone has something to offer.

These are also not attempts to be "cutesy" in any way. You dont like my posts- dont read them. I'm not the one with the problem, then again, your personal opinion of me doesnt matter strictly on the basis that you dont know me.

I also dont need validation from anyone, I'm confident enough in my own abilities to not require any. Playing around with people (guys) is fun, and it ticks girls off, which is also somewhat fun, but like I said earlier, my sexuality gets me NOTHING in the forums. In person? Sure. Online? There are no benefits, except the fact that it is me, and all of my posts and poetry are reflections of me, just like your mother fucking is a reflection of you.

No self image problem or daddy problem either. I seek intellectual attention much more than aesthetic attention, but I am confident about every aspect of myself, so why not show it and have fun? No reason not too.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Hmmm.

OK. I'll give in. No point in dancing around what we both know to be true, people who cant relate to me on an intellectual level have the sexual level. Thats all.

Wow, took me a while to admit that.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Sexuality is humanity's greatest tool. Use it wisely, use it well.

Knowing it and admitting are the first steps to using it effectively, whether that is online, offline, in the mall or in the bath.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I agree.

(resisting HUGE temptation to be "cutesy" over the bath comment.....)

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I do, however, have one objection, and that is that I dont do it to PLEASE others nearly as much as get them wrapped around my finger in versatile ways. Maybe its a control freak thing.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Wrapping us around your little finger is your prime motivation for talking to men. it's a natural instinct!

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Exactly

Nice to be understood ;)

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

So what exactly do you think what I said portrayed?

Just interested....

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

lol, no thats good enough.

Matt, love the honesty, tiger ;).

Quite honestly its only one aspect of my personality; thats the funny thing. People tend to latch onto one side of me or the other, so it's interesting to see which side people pick up on more.

However, I am obviously much more talk than action, I have no experiances in the sexual arenas whatsoever- so implications can be decieving, yes?

C'est la vie...

So how do you plan on getting out of 4 detentions?

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Hmmm why go to all that length when you can just accept the punishment and get on with it?

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

You made the bed, Matty old chap...

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

So use it instead of avoiding it.

If someone sees it on your record and they ask you why, tell them. Also tell them what you learned from the experience. Detentions can be a good thing too.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

No it won't. Bears shit in the woods, right?

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I always used my other talents to get my cute little ass out of detention ;)

Anyway they should excuse you because of the bear alone.... the nurse really should look at that.