i dont know what to do

• natasha
    19 years ago

a while ago when i first started cutting i did it on the inside of my arm. well my dad saw it and told my mom(they r divorced). my mom asked me why and i told i didn't know. she threatened to get a therapist. i begged her not to. i stopped cutting for a while and then i did it again. the second time i did it on my upper thighs. i was really trying to make sure no one saw. one night before bed i came came out of my room in my night shirt. i was tired and wasn't thinking about it. my mother was angry and yelled at me because i had done it again. well it got dis missed. i stopped again for while and i just started again this time on my upper arm. no one found out yet. i read some stuff on the internet and ask my mom for a therapist just as someone to talk with(i didn't tell her i was cutting again). she said she would think about it, this was about a month ago. yesterday i asked her what she thought and she said i would be ok. But she doesn't understand at all and i can't talk ot her about it because she has these ideas already fixed in her head. i am still cutting. i tried to tell my friend and she doesn't understand either. i tried to explain and she didn't want to listen. i really do not know what to do!!!!!!!!

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

well I think getting a therapist is a great idea, and I don't quite understand what is going on on that front. Is your mom working at getting you a therapist? Someone to talk to sounds great. This isn't a substitute for therapy, but until you have a certified doctor to help you get un-confused, you can definitely keep talking right here, and I'm sure everyone will do their best to help you work things out. As far as cutting goes, I don't REALLY understand it. I know what it means, and I guess some people do it to feel alive, others don't know why they do it, and beyond that I'm not too sure. Keep everyone here updated.

• natasha
    19 years ago

no my ma isn't doin anything. i do it to take my mind away from my depressed thoughts.
    when i do it i think about cutting and not what happens to me.

• natasha
    19 years ago

sean allen, in the other forum i brought up a disscussion from a while ago, i hope it helps a little, if not im sorry, its called what is a cutter

• natasha
    19 years ago

well i better be going, thanks for your input.