Rhyming Dictionaries

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

Just a random question, but how many of you have ever resorted to a rhyming dictionary? I haven't mainly because I don't have access to one, but I don't think I'd really need it anyway, I was just kinda wonderin.

--Bryce~

• Just Ariel
    19 years ago

i did once............but it didnt give me the result i was looking for so i asked my friends instead

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

you say "resorted" like it's bad to use something like that...

I use www.rhymezone.com A LOT and I also take advantage of my Word Processor's thesaurus and spell checker

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

I don't think it would be bad to use it, but I've just always got my rhymes from strait out of my head or from my friend at school, so I've never really had to use one.

--Bryce~

• Million Tears
    19 years ago

i thought about using one before..... but id rather write from the heart because.... i dunno i feel better about it when its done.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

sometimes rhymes just come easily, but sometimes you know a couple of lines are perfect, but you can't think of any word that rhymes. In that case, I definitely use rhyming dictionaries, although I forget the one I use since it is just the first one that pops up on google.

• Ami
    19 years ago

I use them when I am really stuck for a ryhme. Ussaully, I know words that ryhme, but I just can't think of one that works well with what I'm writing about off the top of my head.

I think rhyming dictionaries are bad when people become dependent on them and it takes away from the originality, but that can be said for almost anything. Most tools have the ability to be used properly or abused, so I don't agree that they are unnesesary if you are a good writer.

Sometimes, even very good writers need to use many tools to make their final product express what they feel.

• *Elizabeth*
    19 years ago

I used one once, I think they are a good tool, althought it didn't help me. I wanted to find a word that rhymed with "life" and I didn't want the common "strife" and "knife"...so I went to a ryhming dictionary..and it didn't help. haha.
    well lots of love to everyone
    elizabeth.

• don mohr
    19 years ago

Just for the word purple and orange.

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

I agree with Ann, I use it a lot. I just recently started using it this month for whenever I'm stumped and I can't think of a word that rhymes... lol

• deadnalone
    19 years ago

i always ask people. friends if they really know you will know more what kind of words you want. if you get me!!! lol

deadnalone

• paperdoll
    19 years ago

I'd have to agree with the above comment...... Also note that loads of the stuff on here that technically RHYMES doesnt have a hell of a lot of MEANING when you're done with it.

In my opinion, your typical rhyming poem with an average rhyming scheme gets boring quickly, unless it's particularly well done or moving. Steer clear of rhyming poems and you can throw your rhyming dictionary out with the next garbage collection.

• Nici
    19 years ago

I ssometimes use www.rhymer.com an online rhyming dictionary

But theres not point in using it to get just any word, cause it has to sound right and you need to make sure that you know what it means aswell

Nici

• ¤©h€€®ƒüll¥♥©¥ñ!c@l¤
    19 years ago

I'm sadly so used to using rhyming dictionarys like rhymezone.com. =[ Now that I think of it, it is a pretty bad habit... ::deletes rhymezone.com from favorites:: I think my poems still come out decent, but for my next poem I'll try without it and see how I do...
    -Cheerfully Cynical

• Walter F Alvarado
    19 years ago

ive used rhymer.com....once or twice
    to help me out in poems

• ShAtTeRrEdTeArZ
    19 years ago

in my opinion it either comes naturally or it doesn't. but if you feel the need to use a dictionary go ahead.

• ~*^*~ longing to belong ~*^*~
    19 years ago

I have a rhyming dictionary and I find it really useful x

• Sinister Soire
    19 years ago

i have used a rhyming dictionary, sometimes you just cant get the rhyme you need. when i do resort to it i use www.rhymezone.com

• SammiBABY
    19 years ago

Umm well no I haven't my brain is really my ryming dictionary...although that sounds kind of dumb! no I can always find rhymes so it's never been a problem.