Your best poem??

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

actually, if you read the forum rules, number 2 clearly states that poems arenot to be published in the forums... I know it has been done alot... but I think it's time to stop. This thread is fine... but limit it to a title. This is bordering on "Requests to read/comment" which is it's own category... (a link to the forum rules is furnished at the top of the page)

• Jacki
    19 years ago

Annmarie if the rules are so clear then why is there a place in the forums called "Looking for a poem". If he is clearly against posting other peoples work and or posting your own, i do not beilve this should be in here. Also with the posting of your own poetry that should be done in request to read your poetry forum box. But posting others work does not violate copy right laws, because if the poem is not copywrote and it is older than 50 years old we are not breaking any laws and should be able to post them......

• Jacki
    19 years ago

This a poetry site am I wrong?

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

I am pretty sure the looking for a poem category concerns people who are making requests for poems, and can be recommended poems without having them posted into the forum. I think the purpose of the rule is to keep our poetry in our perspective pages. I think 3rd party (famous) poetry is okay to post though

• Jacki
    19 years ago

rules w/ loop holes in them........

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

lmao I don't know what we are arguing about....

• Jacki
    19 years ago

the comment i made to ann marie......

• StarGirl
    19 years ago

I have a few that I were told were my best.

My poem called "Smile" actually got published by poetry.com (it's the only one I've submitted there) but I've been told that "And then you were gone" and "I find myself there" and "A Pocketful of Stars" are my best work.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

Wow! I missed the heated argument! I lost track of where this thread was... and just now found it again.

The "looking for a poem" category is defined as: “Can't find a poem you've heard once? Looking for a poem for a special person or an occasion? Ask other member for help.”

It pretty much sticks to that… but the rules do state,
    2. Do not post your poems in this forum. Submit them here (link leads to submit your poem page)
    and
    3. Do not post texts that are not yours. It is violation of copyright laws. To refer to copyrighted poem or text put link to original source.”

Unfortunately Janis has not really enforced these rules. I have not personally removed any because I’ve never seen any other moderator do so.

And yes, this is a poetry site… but there is a place for posting poems and a place for discussion.

• Ben
    19 years ago

I think my best poem is "Death By Words", if you wanted to know.
    Ben

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

I don't know if I should be a part of this discussion because I only write goth poetry, but have you checked out Sav's goth poetry page? Very good stuff, especially Death of an Innocent. Here's a sample; "As I lay there on the pavement, Mom, I hear the policeman say, the other guy is drunk, Mom, and now I'm the one who will pay. I'm lying here dying, Mom. I wish you'd get here soon." But is this is about which of my poems I like, I'd have to say Loving Lucifer and Sweet Serenity.

• Delo
    19 years ago

I don't realy have any poems :(

• Sarah
    19 years ago

I think my most recent poems are pretty honest and true to myself right now. I'm not asking for reads or votes, just sharing my thoughts. I think that our BEST probably changes all the time, as our lives tend to do...anyone agree?

• Lexi Lou
    19 years ago

i like a poem i write called "send me"

• John Holley
    19 years ago

im not really sure what my best poem is but i never really like the ones that everybody else likes. for example, "thats how i knew" is one of my favs but nobody has looked at it or "test of time"