I Need Help With A Poem...

• Krystin
    19 years ago

I need help writing a poem about people that are constantly selfish.... i've tried many many times to write a poem like this... i was wonderin if anyone could give me any ideas on how to start it or something like that... thx in advance!!
    *Krys*

• StarGirl
    19 years ago

I know the feelin hun, just remember poetry doesn't have to be perfect on the first draft. Write out a temp one of just how your feeling or words that sound good at the time. Then go back and read it over and make little revisions

• МÅťťђĕш Яĕĩŋĕßĕřg
    19 years ago

It all depends upon the attitude you want to take. If you want it to be satyrical, you chould make it have a jumpy beat and have it be about someone getting their comeuppance (The guy didn't care, He just wouldn't share, And then he got mauled by a great big bear). Or to take a more seroius tone you could give it longer lines and a heavier beat (Selfish people make my life so hazy, The know what they do and they're acting crazy.) The words in there weren't so seroius, but you get the picture. I hope I was a help to you in some form or another.

• don mohr
    19 years ago

what a lame a** topic-i can write better than you underwater! -how did that make you feel? selfish people are bitterly worried about where their next healing moment will take place. e.g.-a beggar; a homeless person; a night clerk at the 24hr store-they are all selfish in the fact that what they do for a living they choose the reward they feel they deserve. life is a choice making decision(exerpt from a fellow poet in here) and selfishness is a path we award each other with. When we appraise the award-that is greed!-poetically speaking-this statement not applicable to any sales tax-thrown verbs-gestated malt beverages?-or poured out green slime!

• Cantchangeme
    19 years ago

Im not the cleverest peanut in the turd but i didnt understand a word you just said don

• Krystin
    19 years ago

lol, thx for your comments.... i thought you really meant that don... at the begging of your thingy.. but then i kept reading... lol... thx for all your help

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

Yeah, but do those choices some people make have to always be about themselves?