My daughter was in the hospital...

• Just Val
    19 years ago

Hey wassup, I've been away for the past two weeks in the hospital with my daughter, she was in the ICU.
    See she was born with Cerebral Palsy...
    She is 14 months now, she only weighed 14 pounds, can you imagine that? It was horrible, her bones would show wen I layed her down. Well, they finally put in an NG tube, which is a tube that goes into her nose all the way down to her stomach, a feeding tube.
    She is now looking MUCH better at 17 pounds, and is home now as of today. It was so horrible in the hospital she kept throwing up and would cry in pain. And I would cry to because it hurt to see my daughter like that. She still has the tube in her nose at least for the next month...I just thought I would share that with everyone, it was a scary experiance...Thanks for reading.......
    Valerie

p.s. I posted up a very recent pic of my daughter taken just a few weeks ago, its on my profile so check it out if you want.

• olivia
    19 years ago

Hey im glad to hera ur daughter is now home and has gained a few pounds.I hope she comtinues to do beter.I know its hard to see ur children inpain it taers at ur heart evertine my son is sick or hurt it breaks me in hlf.WEll i wish u and ur daughter the best of look.I looked at her pic and shes a beautiful lil girl u must b very proud.

• don mohr
    19 years ago

beautiful baby! thanks for sharing your experience
    from such a young mother-poet.