Family-Friends-Everyone!

• Jennifer Fox or Jackson
    19 years ago

Just about 3 weeks ago my best friend's boyfriend got into a car accident...When I found out I wanted to be there for my friend at the hospital but my parents won't let me go...They told me that everything would turn out alright and there was nothing I could do to make things change...My best friend's boyfriend ended up dieing of serious injury's and I couldnt be there for her...It hurt so much knowing that she needed me and I wasn't there...Meanwhile my parents made me go to school which was horrible...All I did was cry half the time...My best friend wanted to see me so much so she came to school just to see me and when a teacher came down and told me my friend had come I took off and ran to where they said she was...I was cring at this point all the way down the halls...When I busted into the office I ran up to her and hugged her, crying out my eyes for at least over 5 minutes...I kept telling her that I was so sorry and I loved her...The student counsler told me and my best friend we could talk for as long as we needed in her office so we could have some privacy...All we did was cry and talk...It hurt so much...I hated my parents so much...Anyhow about 2 weeks later my friend started to take things out on me...She started to say that I didnt care about her and I wasnt there for her...I didnt know what to do or say so I didnt do anything about it...it has been about a week now and she still wont talk to me...I love her so much I dont know what to do...She says I am not her friend no more...I keep trying to talk to her but she wont let me...I lost her and I dont know what to do without her...I am so d*mn depressed and I dont know where to turn...I need help...No one seems to understand! Can anyone give me some advice??

• olivia
    19 years ago

Hey im sry about ur friends loss im sure shes goign thru a very hard time. Its not ur fault ur parenst wouldnt let u go and im sure she understands taht shes prob so hurt now all shes dign is lashing out.If u guys r close friends just give her soem time to grieve and lash out losing someone u love can b very traumatic.So even if she pushes u away continue to b tehre 4 her.Im sure once some of teh pain passes she ll see its not ur fault and stop lashing out at u.Wish u both teh best.

• Sarah
    19 years ago

She's right, your friend has pain right now and where she's directing it is to the closet one she has now...you. Its not intentional. Try sending her an email, card or anything that you can get your hands on. Tell her you miss her, care about her and want to help her through this tragedy. Make sure she knows she is NOT alone! Talk to your guidence counselor, maybe she can help you two overcome this problem of the heart? Take care.