RIP Rodney Dangerfield

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

When he was in his prime he was the funniest comedian around. Declining health had slowed him down in recent years and his death was announced yesterday.

This was on his web site:
    I tell ya I get no respect from anyone. I bought a cemetary plot. The guy said, "There goes the neighborhood!"

His best work was in stand up comedy, both in live performances and TV appearances. Also, if you have never seen his movie Back to School it is really funny and definitely worth watching. There is one scene in which he is recites Dylan Thomas poetry. Hilarious.

Maybe now he'll finally get some respect.

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

Rodney was no doubt one of my all time faves..how can anyone forget Caddyshack?

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Summer, if you still have them, why don't you post some of those jokes and one-liners here as a tribute to RD.

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

My fave one-liner Rodney did was this>>" No respect I tell ya...My house was on fire one night and my kids were screaming, and my wife said shhhh..you will wake up Daddy! " hilarious!!

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

"I tell ya I get no respect. I was home with my wife and there's a knock at the door. She tells me, Quick!! - get in the closet."