Car audio!

• Chris
    19 years ago

Anyone here into car audio? Its my passion...well music is my passion but obviously my hobby compliments it quite well! Just wondered what sort of systems you're running and what sort of music you listen to? I'm a SQ (sound quality) guy and my system is geared mostly towards that. I've been getting into rock recently, although I still enjoy my rap/hiphop. I can't give up the bass! I like anything really when it comes down to it. You?

• Chris
    19 years ago

I'm using 4 gauge at the moment. I don't know whether to upgrade or not...the system runs fine as it is.. What components are you running? I've got two 12" shivas in the trunk, each getting 350rms in a 3.4 ^ft sealed enclosure, and 6.5 Image Dynamic chameleon components in the front (100rms each)...drivers in the stock locations, and tweeters installed on the dash. I used to have some infinity 6x9 reference's on the parcel shelf, but they were messing up my staging so I got rid of them. And as a plus, the holes they left gave me a bit more SPL! Which is always nice. Anyway, I've got em in a volvo s40.

edit :I'm running them with two 4-channel amps - yeah I know I should have had a mono amp for the subs, but I got these 4 chan at half price..so it was worth it, even if they are a little less efficient..oh, and I installed it