Getting worse!!!

• HOLLY ARMER
    19 years ago

I know how you feel! I think I've hit my poetic peak and I'll never do better. I hope it's just a phase! Think happy thoughts and maybe it'll pass!

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

it will pass.... we are writers... we will ALWAYS be able to write...

there are different forms of "writer's block" ... one in which you feel you have something to write but you can't get the words out... another when you have no desire at all to write... I feel more helpless when I am in the midst of that second one. I hate feeling like I don't want to write... because I love writing...

All I can say is just stay strong,.... keep your chin up... the words... the inspiration... and the talent are all still there... and they will come out again....

• Atahan Tolunay
    19 years ago

Solution: Stop writing for a week or two.
    Im sure it'll come back. I think you are just running out of ideas if you write too often. When you only write 1 poem each week you can be picky and get it perfect; just as you want it.
    Hope it helps

/Atahan

• Jacki
    19 years ago

i often get this way. Usually I take a month or so off and just let my poetric juices build up, instead of always writing to where it seem like a chore. This may help you if you just relax and not think about writing. It does come back I promise!

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

Exactly Jacki! I've gotten that way before... especially when I started one of my series..and people kept wanting more... you gotta just relax... and take some time off....

it's ok to not write for awhile.

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

sometimes i'm overwhelmed by great poems in this site that it influences the 'groove' when i write. it's like i'm jealous yet i'm admiring them in a weird way. i really don't know how to say it...