Who does this?

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

Ok, I'm one of those people who when I think of a poem, I can always think of how to end it before I've even started it. I'm that way with writing stories and such too and I was wondering if anybody did that. I feel all George Lucas or something o.o;;

--Bryce~

• Brandon Evans
    19 years ago

That's a common practice.

• Manda
    19 years ago

I often like to do that. Lol. Then it's hard to write the Poem or Story to it, but it usually works out okay for me. Another weird thing is, if I use Outlines or whatever to plan out a Story or Poem or something, my Poem or whatever will turn out really bad. I just like to write as things come to mind, because I have an idea of what I want it to be about, so that often made my teachers angry. =) Lol.

|With Love|
    -Manda

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

yep, it's like i start with the last line/stanza of the poem and i build it out of that. when i make rhyming poems, one complete line in my head is followed my a word that rhymes and i make it out of that. most of the times, i can't write a poem if a topic is given to me. like manda, i write what i want to write at that moment.

• Jacki
    19 years ago

95% of the time I do the same thing

• Atahan Tolunay
    19 years ago

Strangely I seem to be the only one that doesnt. I often start off writing and see where it takes me. I can start out a poem about a topic that pops up in my head but then when I start writing something different comes out mostly. Subconscious writing I guess.

• Kia
    19 years ago

Im like that too most of the time, if i dont have the ending before i start, i cant think of how to end it.

• FTS Miles
    19 years ago

Typically I don't have an end in sight... the poem develops as it will, and not by design. Now occasionally I will be writing to a specific subject or idea and may have more definite ideas of what I want to see emerge from a poem. But even then there's no guarantee that will occur.