How to get inspired when you have no inspiration.

• StarGirl
    19 years ago

What do you usually do? Even if it's something little just to get you started off?

I ask this because I hate having writers block. I wanted to write today but... I just couldn't think of anything. Usually I start out with a few words and doodle with them to get me started off but not even that worked today. *sigh* I'm looking for some other ideas and suggestions on how other people get inspired when they have no inspiration.

• ♥x__Pwincess danii//
    19 years ago

um some times i go to a speical spot like um a place where i can just sit n think n just start writeing but it sumtimes it doesn't work so u jutst have to wait till it comes to u, u cant force
    STUF LIKE DAT

• Sildaekar
    19 years ago

You cant force stuff like that...I know this sounds weird but if you stop trying to think of something to write about you will all of a suden think about something.

• StarGirl
    19 years ago

Yeah, I hear that a lot but it doesn't work for me.

I have to think about what I'm writing because I'm very picky usually about the words I choose when writing. Thats why usually I doodle with words.. I was just looking for some other suggestions.

• ~Bloodied&Broken
    19 years ago

I usually get inspired by a word or phrase in a song that i pick up and develop on.

Good Luck :D
    - Luv YA!
    kt

• Amilo
    19 years ago

For some reason, being at the beach really inspires me. Not the overcrowded type, filled with half naked people, but a quiet beach, filled with seashells. The ocean reminds me of how big the world is.... and the waves and the sand... remind me of time....

Weird, huh?

• Freddy
    19 years ago

i dont think you should ever sit at ur comp 2 write, or with a pen and a pad and think, I'll write poetry now. I've written alot of bad poetry, some of which I've put on this site because I was bored. If you don't have the inspiration don't write. Wait till you have something. Never start writing without the initial idea.

• ♥x__Pwincess danii//
    19 years ago

wait a while maybe till your emotions start rolling
    in