Do you write for recognition or to compensate for other things?

• Ashamed
    19 years ago

Just a question, do most people here write poetry because they want people to say they like it, and so they want their good poetry to be recognised...

or...

do they write poetry because of a feeling they have at the moment in time of writing.

Personally, I started writing instead of sitting been depressed as usual, so I write simply when I'm depressed... But the recognition is nice I must admit....

What about yous all?

• Amilo
    19 years ago

I write when I have a sudden burst of inspiration. It's my way of relieving my inner thoughts and ideas. This website is merely a way to share what I've written.

• ~Bloodied&Broken
    19 years ago

Ashamed, thats the same for me. I write my feeling down (mostly depressive) to ease the ain i feel inside, but the recignion is sort of good because i like to knw what is wrong with my poetry so i can become better, but hats not really he reason i do it.
    - Luv yas all
    kt

• Johnny Marlin 2
    19 years ago

Both. I love to write because it helps me to see the brighter side of things, or to release stress. At the same time, the recognition is nice because it help keep me out of my "moods". Most people give positive feedback, so it is a learning/positive growth process.

• Poetically Speaking
    19 years ago

same as me. its a great release. and then later when you go back and read it, you're like "what the hell, man where was i when i wrote this? must have been pretty sad/happy/ashamed etc"