Darkness and Depresson

• lakitu
    19 years ago

Does anyone else find it really difficult to write about happy things? No matter what i do i always end up writting about depresson and sadness. Does anyone else get this or am i going round the twist?

• Ashamed
    19 years ago

Couldn't agree more with you.

Its the feeling of sadness that drives me really. I managed to write a poem about a loss of identity in someone else, and i think thats the happiest one I've done lol.

Depression is the feeling that drives me to write, without it I'd be lost about ideas really...

• Amilo
    19 years ago

I've never succeeded in writing a poem about depression... but I see what you guys mean..

• In_my_own_shadow
    19 years ago

When I first started out writting poems, all I wrote about was about my grandma>>sad, depressing poems......but then I met Kris...and he REALLY changed my life around....( but then again, he HAD to go messing around with my best frend, Catherine!....now I write like mixture of love/sad poems...about how much I want him back in my life) so yea.....NO....your not the ONLY one!!
    Keep in touch!!

--Leanne

• Ashamed
    19 years ago

I think its due to the reason of writing poetry.

I didn't see the site, think "Wow i love poetry" and start writing but choose depression. Its more like the depression lead me to writing the poetry. If anything its a way to express myself without doing anything like cutting for example...

Without depression I would not be able to write i dont think. Though this doesn't bother me one bit.

• StarvingForPerfection
    16 years ago

Im the same way. all of my poems are about something depressing or someone dying. a lot of people have trouble writing happy poems. ive never been able to write a happy poem in my life.