About a Wizard..

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Yo, so like i know this ain't about poetry...but i'm desperate.

Ok, back in highschool i read this book about a young lad who becomes a wizard. I can't remember the title but i desperately want to find the book again...so i'll describe the book briefyl and see if you guys can help me out.

So yeah the main character is a young lad who lives in a village. He learns to speak to birds from an old wise woman in the village. He gets good at this and is sent to stay with a herbal guys in the forest, where he learns all about herbs..and has his first taste of powerful dark magic when he sneaks a peek at his masters magic book.

Eventually he gets sent to a proper Wizard school...where he is one of the best in the class...he gets into a bit of rivarly with another student and as a dare he calls forth a spirit which flips out and tries to kill him...the head of the school intercedes and banished the demon..but in the process he dies...so the wizard has to re-learn everything again..only this time he sucks...so he graduates and is sent o a small town to be the local wizard...he defeats a dragon by speaking it's true name....is followed by the shadow that he released and has a little furry pet thing that sits on his shoulder..

Anyone have any ideas?