I heard that Emily Dickinson Was Bi?

• Ashlee Nicole
    19 years ago

I read this once I don't remember where, but I found it very interesting, that Emily Dickinson was Bi? Is this true? I then began to wonder...Could this be the reason why She spent her remaining life pretty much locked in a room all by herself, and made best friends with a woman she had never met..Just talked to through her door? Or wrote letters and what not...-Just wondering-
    ----Ashlee----

• Ashlee Nicole
    19 years ago

Actually I have read her work also, it was something that we had read over in my Eng. 101 segment. My professor had mentioned something and we started to talk about it...And there were very good suggestions made to the point...And so you know plain, I was just wondering Not Pointing. So no need to be so critical.

• Kristin
    19 years ago

Yah i think some of you need to chill a bit, she was just curious.

• Lushed
    19 years ago

i cant say for sure, but i dont really think so. in fact, i kind of doubt it. i mean, she wrote a lot about God, and biblical things. plus, yu know, a lot of people just say things like that for no real reason. but who really knows? all i care about is that she was a hell of a poet!

• Casey
    19 years ago

lol i heard she was celebate or however you spell it.

• Erica Brown©
    19 years ago

Bi people are confused.

• Nookie
    19 years ago

I have read E.D.'s poems, not all of them, but enough to get a mental picture, and although she is obviously a Christian, I think that she started to slip from sanity, especially in her older years, and something like her being bi wouldn't suprise me much. Although, until there is evidence, I believe that she was nothing, no real sexual attractions, at least none bleed through into her writing..

Nookie.

• Lushed
    19 years ago

umm, so bisexuality is a slip of sanity? thats.. uh, an interesting point of view.
    but im pretty sure she was just bipolar... (at least i think so..) not so much insane. emily dickinson is an utterly amazing poet as far as im conserened tho...so i think thats all that really matters..

• AngelOfFear
    19 years ago

oh its a guy.. change all the shes into he and err.. yer wutever else made it look like i thought it was a she :|

• SilentSymphony
    19 years ago

Who the hell cares if she was Bi, was she hitting on you? i doubt it. Was she hurting you in any way? No. okay. Now... if she was thats fine, if not. thats kewl, too. But some people need to get off the benge that eveyone has to be straight. Im straight. im just someone who accepts people for who they choose to be. Because god is the one who gave us a choise, and gave us a voice. But im not saying this to anyone, im just saying it out loud. Or typed, or whatever. Who cares?

And if she was... whoop-de-do.
    Im sure more then countable people on this site have expieramented or whatever. so blah.

Much love
    and no offence to anyone.
    -Courtney-

• Sinister Soire
    19 years ago

no offense but so many people seem to be taking offense to this post, its not that hard to answer, if you think she wasnt just say, i dont think she was. no need for harsh language. plus who really cares if you took a college course on her, not many people know stuff about her actual personal life.. ya