Do you ever feel like maybe your poetry isn't good?

• Ashlee Nicole
    19 years ago

Do you ever feel like maybe your work just sucks? Even though you're happy with it and people say ohh it's good...Do you ever feel like maybe in the back of your head it sucks?

• Ashlee Nicole
    19 years ago

Yeah I feel ya...And thankyou so much, that helped alot...

• ~*^*~ longing to belong ~*^*~
    19 years ago

yeah all the time................

• ♥x__Pwincess danii//
    19 years ago

i used to think my poetry sucked but now i realised well it comes from the heart so it means something to me so yea.

• Angel Sanctuary ©
    19 years ago

yeah that's true.... Because my poety does suck..... :-D but that doesn't stop me from posting.. Muahahaha

• Poetically Speaking
    19 years ago

Stop thinking of poetry as a contest. Career in poetry? Why? Poetry is for me, and only me. I write whatever I want, in any form I want. That's why it's my thing. Who cares if you like it, or if you don't like it. I dont.

• Sad_Little_Kitty_Kat
    19 years ago

YUP MY WORK SOME TIMES SUCKS
    :D

• shannon
    19 years ago

yes i hate my poetry...but it is a way to get my emotions out..so it works

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

I don't feel like my poetry sucks... but that it's just so ordinary. There is so much brilliant work on this site, that mine is just so basic. I love my previous work because it meant so much more to me, but now my latest work just... I don't know, it's just nothing special :(

• lisa marie
    19 years ago

Yes i do. especially when you look at how many times your rhyme was visited. then you see that you have no comments and no ratings. it is quite dissapointing.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

I agree with JustPlainMe. Poetry does have its emotional side, but it is literature and there is so much to learn. Try standing on the shoulders of the giants, not stepping on their feet.

• Kia
    19 years ago

i think mine suck some times. but everyone else likes them, but id unno lol

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

I feel that my writing isn't good all the time. Usually, I write a poem, and I love it. Then I go back to it a week or so later, and I can't believe I actually wrote it because it's so bad. But it's just because we critisize ourselves worse than most others.