Multiple Emotions?

• Amy Hernandez
    16 years ago

I write .. I write a lot. I've always been told to write all from one .. emotion or feeling make it all happy all depressed all of one thing .. in writing a poem earlier tonight (which hasnt made it on here I wanted input first) I came to wondering if poems are meant to have multiplye veiewpoints like we humans mostly do .. I somehow started writting a positive poem .. it was accually a love poem and it managed to put a few lines in making it depressive at the same time but in life nothing really is 100% one feeling or emotion o do you think it should be in poetry?
    I'l post the one poem I know I did this in tmrw .. Im extremely tired and my minds wandering right now

• Amy Hernandez
    16 years ago

It was bugging me last night though and I just started writting it and it came out most people try to write only the good or bad of things and it just came to my why they do this because all in honestly nothing is always good or always bad ..
    Thank you for your help though and I think I like your idea on that

• Amy Hernandez
    16 years ago

Http://www.best-love-poems.com/poems.php?id=936862

• Rose not your average
    16 years ago

Poems can be mixed feelings its like your telling a story i guess! it can be happy then depressed!

• Viola
    16 years ago

I think poems can have more than one emotion..because as you said, we as humans are complex and often have more than one emotion running through us at a given time. If these emotions are portrayed in your poetry than there is nothing wrong with it. We should not limit ourselves when we write..we should only write what we feel.

--Viola

• Katrina
    16 years ago

I agree with everyone who has said something poems can have more than one emotion, just write

• Amy Hernandez
    16 years ago

I just find it odd most of what Ive read up to this point and accually most of what I wrote too has simply one emotion or veiwpoint Its different to look at things from one to multiple I think "lititure" that we are expected to read growing up needs to be more realistic b/c I dnt think anythings exactly one set way