Free Verse Poets

• swill
    16 years ago

How many of you here write free verse? How many find it liberating? Unrestricting? Freeing? Flying?

• Ashleigh Skye
    16 years ago

I just started writing free verse and I really like it it feels like I can do anything, I have no restrictions and I can push it in any direction I want

• swill
    16 years ago

Yes, I often face that problem...so to avoid that every once in a while I write a rhyming poem...

But it's more like...I need o get this our of me, really wrrite it...so, what form shall it be? This has to be rhyming/free verse/haiku, and it can be NOTHING else...it's like it's already decided for me..

• swill
    16 years ago

Oh and Illu, I agree it is a really hard form to perfect...but isnt all poetry like that... :)

• SunDown Sky
    16 years ago

Well im not a novice.. but im telling you its even more interesting if you can take a epic/free verse like structure.. and without falling to restrictions just by the flow of things.. it just happends and it rhymes

So im not against free verse, but sincerely i dont consider it to more then just thoughts on paper.
    Rhyming poetry if done right can be just as deep. but much more artistic and amazing.

***post was edited due to posted work, which could be deemed as a solicitation

• Shauna
    16 years ago

Well I currently have only one poem submitted.. It is free verse..however it has a certain flow. Mostly I write structured poems.

• swill
    16 years ago

Of course it can. Free verse can. Look up some free verse poetry, and you'll eventually find one that YOU can call perfect.

• Bre Monique
    16 years ago

When I first started writing I never used free verse because I wasn't sure how to still make it look like a poem.

My first free verse poem I wrote a couple of months ago is called "edited out). It was inspired by a song I heard about a lady who was just overjoyed with having a man to love her. So I wrote out what how I thought she felt and the words just came easily.

Now, I find free verse poetry a lot easier then rhyming because I don't have to struggle with finding words that rhyme while trying to simultaneously convey what I want. With free verse I just write until my mind shuts off.

• Lucifer
    16 years ago

Free verse is about the only kind of poetry i write. to me it is a sense of being free

• Viola
    16 years ago

I write free verse poems almost all the time.
    Yes, I do find it liberating, unrestricting, and freeing.
    It helps just get my thought and emotions out without really having to think about it much.

Styled poetry is also great and I have attemped and wrote some but I still find free verse much easier and better suited for me.

--Viola