Something to Write About...

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

When I first started writing I was the same way so I wrote about people. My brother and sister and other family. Friends. Maybe you could try that. I also wrote about things that I didn't agree with, like drunk driving, abortion, drugs, stuff like that. Maybe try one of them.
    Now when ever I start writing a poem and I can't think of what to write about I read. Either a book or other poems, a news paper, anything. I ALWAYS end up with an idea.

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

lol...that was funny Friends....

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

read anything and everything.... poems here, books, newspapers, magazines. I've gotten lots of ideas from all those places as well as simple conversations, TV and radio!

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

If you would have paid attention I told you what to read....

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

go to www.poetryamerica.com they have a button that says "topics to help get you started" maybe that would spark an idea....I just saw that....

• Erica Brown©
    19 years ago

Sit in a corner and think.
    Write it down first.
    Or take a bath and listen to music.
    Cut-----scratch that.
    Then put the poem away.
    Come back to it and decide if it sucks or if you like it.

That's how I work..

• Allie
    19 years ago

When I started out...I was writting songs that could get transfered into a poem. I later found out that I can only write what is troubling my heart. That's why I only pay attention to the love poems. I find I have the must contemplation in that subject.