Please help

• Adelle
    16 years ago

I have to write a poem for a competition for my church it has to be 50 words or less on the subject of family. I dont have a very good relationship with my parents so I cant write about my own family else it will get read out if I win. I need to write a poem that isent related to my family and Im really struggling I have untill the 15th of november does any one have any advice.

• Craig Ward
    16 years ago

Maybe it can be personal, but not specifically about your family. Do you feel close to others in your congregation? if you have a close relationship with your church or with a youth group, use the family theme to express that closeness. I'm not a religious person, so I can't be of too much assistance, but if I were in your situation, thats probably what I would do

• HopefulxRomantic
    16 years ago

For a religious poem, I'm not sure how you would particularly write the poem, but I would include things such as the Holy Trinity and the relationship to family, the sanctity of life and Jesus being married to the church. That plus all the common biblical references (snake=satan, apple=sin, water=humble, ladder=path of life and ascent to Heaven, etc.)