Glosa Verse Question...

• ABake
    16 years ago

I have only written one glosa verse and I was wondering the lyrics that you choose do they have to be poetic? Also any other advice on writing this certain style would be greatly appreciated =)

• ABake
    16 years ago

Thanks =]
    I was wondering because someone had told me in a comment that my lyrics were not very poetic to begin with. Thanks again.

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

I've written one glosa using the forat you did (it's not posted anymore) and one using this less strict format:

Glosa - http://www.thepoetsgarret.com/autonomous.html#glosa

A Spanish form also known as mote or retruécano, closely related to the cantiga.

In its strict form it is a poem consisting of a line or a short stanza called cabeza (or texto), stating the theme of the poem and followed by one stanza for each line of the cabeza explaining or glossing that line and often adding a refrain as the last line.
    The cabeza may be any length or rhyme scheme and the poet is free to choose any other form.

Loosely the glosa is any poem expanding in the theme presented at the opening stanza and usually repeating one or more of the lines of that stanza.
    ---

it's still challenging, but a tad more freeing than the other form and it's awkward rhyme scheme.