Any law against Plagiarism?

• Mustardhart
    19 years ago

People stealing other peoples work on this site and Claiming it is theirs. Some of my friends had to delete their lovely poems as a result of such acts, that apart, some of them had to leave the site bcs of this abuse.

What do we do with these scammers and poem sniffers?

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

By posting your poetry on the web guys you're practically giving it away! try to see it from a different perspective...what a great writer you must be for people to want to pass off your work as there own - I dunno it bugs me too but I dont think there's much that can be done once your stuff is online :o(

• Blue•Water
    19 years ago

Erisa, in a practical sense, you are right about plagiarism.

It only becomes a real legal issue worth pursuing in the very rare case when the plagiarizer has actually profited through the wrongful use of your work.

You have the right to file suit and seek relief through the courts. But to do so could cost you a huge sum of money in legal fees. And even after a court finds in your favor and awards you monetary damages, you could still wind up with a worthless judgment. That is because the plagiarizer is likely to have no assets on which you can enforce the collection of your judgment.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Thankyou blue water - I couldn't agree with you more and good advice :o)

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

at the bottom of every poem on this site there is an option to report a copyright violation

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

~Edited out!~

• Mustardhart
    19 years ago

Is that a mild way of making the theiving person keep up the good work of stealing peoples brains? I still dont think what Blue water is insinuating provides the way forward, in my opinion it compounds the problem at hand.
    If we should just be contend at the fact that once a poem is posted on the net, it becomes public in a sense i agree, but it still doesnt make it a public property.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

~Edited out!~

• Mustardhart
    19 years ago

Thank you Lydia for taking your time to tell us. I guess that information is very valuable. Way to go lady!!

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

~Edited out!~

• Mustardhart
    19 years ago

Good grief. The administrators are working hard to make sure our works are safe and secure, and atleast make the site credible.