i really dont think people should make such long poems

• miss scooby
    19 years ago

Well, That is your prefrence, but i dont think people are going to change their writing because they are losing your intrest. If you don't like long poems try and stay away from them, and stick to your short ones that keep your intrest. Personally i love all sorts of poems....they are all great in my eyes and even if it loses my intrest i stick it out and read it....because after all, what does reading do to you that depremental....besides learning..lol
    I didnt mean to come off rude....those were not my intentions!

• BaybeBlew
    19 years ago

Its true, all literature is about preference, but every writer deserves respect for what they create, I personally don't appreciate short poems as much as long poems. Longer poems always seem to have better description, but maybe thats just me.

• Casey
    19 years ago

Wow... I can't believe someone actually said that. some of the best poems are really long, like epic poems (the Iliad). but sometimes people need to vent and all the things they havent been able to say before all just spills out on the paper before them and if you don't have the attention span of a gold fish, they are actually quite good.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

what about The Raven, by E.A. Poe. Very long, and is gripping the entire way through.

• Nici
    19 years ago

I would rather someone wrote a lengthy poem and posted on the site than write hundreds of smaller ones saying part 1 part 2 extra.

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

some people don't just make poems so that they can post it here.

• lisa marie
    19 years ago

you probably get bored because you can't follow along with what the poem really means. try to think when you read. i think poems are good long or short. some of the best poets make poems longer than any of the ones on this site.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Well almost of all of my poems are quite legnthy - if anything Im quite the opposite to you I prefer longer poems to shorter ones as I find that shorter poems are more open to interpretation and longer poems seems to be more direct...anyways I couldn't care if you loose interest in lengthy poetry it shows your lack of dedication really to actually learning more and being open to all kinds of poetry...at least be open minded we all write differently using our many talents after all....

Eirisa

• ~*^*~ longing to belong ~*^*~
    19 years ago

yeah but shouldn't people be writing how and what they want?

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

It doesn't matter how long a poem is. Short or long. If you don't like long poems then just don't read them. Some people don't like short poem.

• Casey
    19 years ago

Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorites! How could I forget? I've read that one over and over again since third grade, and im in tenth now. I do believe that Shakespeare wrote sonnets mostly.

• Sildaekar
    19 years ago

I like long poems they keep me hooked and kill even more of my time.

• ~*^*~ longing to belong ~*^*~
    19 years ago

thanks justplainme 8-)

• Lenee.Roca
    19 years ago

i like all sorts but the 5 year long ones i dont read.. but a lot of mine are long but not like long long.. ya know?

• Lipton
    19 years ago

I like lengthy poems, as long as something is happening. If every line is about a different way you cut yourself, or something, it gets kinda dumb, and boring. However, I especially like Dante's work, and EA Poe's, "The Raven" and such.

Why was this even a topic? It's all based on opinion, really.

~Ciao Lipton

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

No, we know what the topic is all about perhaps its not the topic you intended and should be a little more clear and precise with your choice of words in future...?

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

Personally, I like long poems better, but if you don't then don't read them. It's all presonal preferance really...