Say It subtle compitition.

• Kevin
    16 years ago

I'd rather put this in the general discussion forum, but I don't think that is being used much due to it's stealthy nature, so I'll put it here, after all we can talk about "anything" here.

So, this is a compitition to see who can write a poem, or any structure you like about any topic. The only stipulation is that whatever it's about cannot be mentioned directly at all in the poem. So if it's a love poem you cannot mentioned anything to do with love....everything must be cleverly inferred of suggested by the use of correlatives and situations etc.

The more subtle the better. Now, I'm not master level at interpreting poetry so if you would be so kind as to put a very small description of what your poem is actually about in brackets at the very bottom of your post, that will help me understand how well you have met the objectives, good luck.

Top 3 winners get in depth comments on why I chose their poems in this thread, which they can request I add to their account poem.

Ps, I mispelled "Competition" for Abby....cause she needs to giggle at home daft I am.

• sibyllene
    16 years ago

Is that why you also misspelled "its," "misspell," and "how?"

I love you Kevy.

• Kevin
    16 years ago

Ah bonus points to you.

Though don't enter, I don't like smart arses.

• Sherry Lynn
    16 years ago

This thread belongs in the contest section...

Since I am so mean I will move it there...

~~Sher

• Synh
    16 years ago

Do we tell you what it's about? Like, after the poem, do we tell you what it's supposed to be about?

• Synh
    16 years ago

Living For The Beast

All that I'm living for
    All I am is death and more
    Killing me at my core is the beast within

The beast within is what controls me
    Eating at my fears and laughing
    Like a clown in black
    Beating on my back
    Unlock my tears and unleash the scare
    Then you'll meet my one true nightmare

Drag me down to hell
    So my soul can rest again

Living for the beast in me
    Is harder than it may seem
    Not safe even in a dream - he'll always be behind me

As the night begins to fall
    He whispers, 'I will kill your all'
    There is no escape
    From his vicious reign
    He grins at me from in my dreams
    His choice lullaby are my screams

Licking his lips hungrily
    At the sight of my meltdown

As the heavens begin to cry
    Tears fall from my eye
    Why won't he let me die? - This monster's killing me

*The beast in the poem is a secret that's totally taking over your life. It's something someone told you and you promised never to tell, even though you think you should because it's pretty bad and you can't handle knowing what it is. But you can't tell anyone at all or else.

• Kevin
    16 years ago

I am sorry to everyone who entered this but I cannot continue with this for personal reasons.

Good luck with you poems, there are many other contests to try for!