Question?!

• Narphangu
    16 years ago

My mum's been pestering me, so I figured I'd save some time and ask the likes of you...
    How safe IS our work on here?

• Narphangu
    16 years ago

Hey, I claim all rights to the Happy Birthday song. I wrote it, thought it up... hell, I even INVENTED the concept of Birthdays. And the ABC's, and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star....

• SilentRebuke
    16 years ago

Nothing on the internet or even on your computer is safe. For that matter, nothing is safe if you write it down. There is no way to prove you wrote that, not someone else. Anything posted to the internet can be copied, and pretty much any computer can be hacked. So if there is something that is so important to you to keep for yourself, there is no way you can share it. But who wants to live that way?

• Narphangu
    16 years ago

I dunno, the life of a recluse sounds pretty appealing to me...

• Tammie
    16 years ago

Yeah, I wish we had that here.
    Ironically it was just today I had a girl comment on of my poems asking if it was actually mine, because she'd seen it on another poem site. Of course it is mine. So I searched a line from the poem in google, and there it was, on another website under some girls name. So I made an account on the site, commented the poem abusing her as nicely as I could, and emailed the administration of the site about it. It probably won't help, and it sure as hell won't stop it happening again to me or anyone else, but hey. Made me feel better.

So no, after a long almost pointless answer of mine, your work isn't safe on here.

• Dark Secrets
    16 years ago

It isn't safe at all, we should have a copywrite lock thingy and even then there's still paper and pen... so dunno, but still if you hear someone saying that your work is theirs you can prove it's yours... especially if they get famous off of it.