Losing focus.

• VanityIllusions2
    16 years ago

I keep starting a poem on one thing then ended up at another it just ruins it all..
    i don't know how to get my focus back my mind just keeps drifting?
    any advice peoples?

• Brittany
    16 years ago

It depends if its really writer's block though.
    It doesn't sound like you're having trouble writing...just trouble sticking to one topic.

I know what that's like. It happens to me all the time...the best thing I can think of, it to edit your poems. Just keep writing freely and unfocused, then edit afterwards...keep the stuff you cut out, it might just fit somewhere else. =)

• Meet Me On Thames Street
    16 years ago

That same exact thing has been happening to me recently and its horrible!! It totally messes up the flow of the poem and then I just get really frustrated. I still haven't figured out anything to help though. I guess just edit a lot like they said.

• kevin Boundy AKA the ghost
    16 years ago

I just look at it after im done writing and then try to fix it from their but thats really something totally different

• kevin Boundy AKA the ghost
    16 years ago

I agree with babygurl just keep a pen on you at all times once i was arguing with my teacher and something clicked and i can't believe i said this but i said: (can you hold on for one second) and i went to my desk and pulled out my notebook and finished a poem with a perfect ending lol but i dont recomend ignoring your teachers lol

• TheRapture03
    16 years ago

Yea, the same thign happens to me alot, so this thread has been greatq

• homebound
    16 years ago

When that happens ignore it and let your mind flow. Whatever you write in the beginning is how you reallly feel. After you've written all thats on your mind, you can go back and pick and choose lines that you think fit together to make a great poem and add more if needed.