The Feeling Of Poetry

• emILY
    16 years ago

Do you write with feelings, because you have to, or some other reason? I write either because i have to(i have a writers workshop class) or feelings i need to get out. So my question is. Have you ever told anyone that there poem wasn't good? I'm not saying criticism is a bad thing, but I'm talking about saying "Your poem is NOT very good." and not stating a reason? and if so did you think it was the right thing to do? Aren't Most poems done with feelings? And would be saying that their poem was bad saying what they felt was wrong?
    *Just Asking
    <3 Em

• Christina
    16 years ago

I write when im rele happy or rele depressed it makes me feel better idk y! plus it always ends up a great poem!!!

• Brittany
    16 years ago

I write when something just hits me. Usually when I've let my emotions build up. I'm a kind of no-conflict person, so I write instead of taking it out on whoever.

If someone says your poetry is bad, they don't necessarily mean the concept or what you felt. They're going by a more technical standpoint. Really though, if your poetry is for you, then those comments don't really matter, do they? If you're aspiring to become a writer, then maybe criticism can help you. If this is just personal enjoyment, or a hobby, just keep writing.

• emILY
    16 years ago

I see where your coming from. I agree with criticism and "helping" with writing, but i was talking more about just being plan rude. Or not even trying to understand your point of you. Poetry can be perceived in many different ways, and I'm talking about the people have no perception what so ever. I can see what you meant by that though! thanks for your input ^^'

• Dark Secrets
    16 years ago

I've never done that, it's just unfair to the person and even if I don't like the poem it doesn't mean that no one else would

• Brittany
    16 years ago

Yeah, when I comment I try to make it positive and say the things I liked about it, and the things I think they could work on.

But yeah, there are some people on this site who are unbelievably rude and judgemental. Those people you just ignore because clearly they don't understand that we're part of a poetry community and we're just trying to help and support people with common interests.