Scary stories, anyone?

• Tori Hicks
    14 years ago

I'd love to hear some creepy stories!
    Please?
    This is kinda a continuation of an IMDb thread for The Strangers where people all posted their scary stories, because it kinda died out after 40 pages and I would love to read some more. :)
    Thanks in advance!

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

I had a really horrific, detailed dream once, if that counts.

It was late in the night and I was in a dark room. There was stained glass on either side of the walls, stretching from the floor as high as the ceiling. The only source of sight was the pale shadow of a light left by the moon shining through the window. There were rows of pews (no doubt I believe that I was in a church). But I wasn't alone; my friends were pinned against the wall by some invisible force and in the middle of the room was... well, the only way I can describe it is as... a creature. He looked like a man, but in the back of my mind I knew that that was only an illusion. In my gut I could feel that he was, it was, evil; a fiend. He was tall, thin, pale, with gray hair, long nails and dressed in a black overcoat. He drew a sword from his side and slowly stalk towards me. I tried stepping back but I hit a wall and slunk to the floor. He was no more than several feet away from me when he knelt in front of me, reached out with his free hand to touch my face and whispered, "Do not fear... You won't feel a thing... I'll be gentle..." With that said, he stood up and swung his sword through my mid section, again and again, getting higher with each stroke... I could feel myself slowly falling apart; being dissembled. I scrambled to hold myself together, but to no avail. Just as he was about to make the final cut I woke up. And in my stomach and my chest I felt a burning, tingling sensation...

• Tori Hicks
    14 years ago

Oh my gosh!
    That's terrible!
    I'd hate to wake up from that dream, especially since I'm sure it felt so real, what with the burning and such. :O

I once had a dream that I was at my school and going across this catwalk-like hallway on the second floor and I was about ten feet behind my boyfriend and his friend and they turned off onto this hallway and went into a classroom. After I walked in, they walked out and I followed, but when I reached the main hallways again, they weren't there anymore, so I kept going off another hallway. I went to this door on a really dark hallway that had light pouring out of it and this woman was sitting in the doorway and she told me to mop the water off the floor so I said ok and started doing it. I was going towards the main hallway again and I saw the water rising in the school. I ran back to the woman and told her the school was flooding and we all had to get out but she told me to keep mopping. I threw the mop back at her and started running and saw the water was getting closer, so I jumped from one catwalk to another before stopping on one of them and looking towards this open space upstairs where people were all standing around. They all had their faces pointed to the glass ceiling and I'm pretty sure they had their eyes closed. Someone behind me whispered in my ear, "They're waiting to die." and all of a sudden the ceiling broke and water came rushing in and I died. Then I woke up.

• Saving Grace
    14 years ago

Ughh. i hate dreams like thatt. =\ theyre so creepy. And you wake up and ur hearts like fully racing. I hate them. lol

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

The most scary thing about it was that I have never felt like that; like I was "falling apart; being dissasembled", before in any of my dreams. When I awoke I actually gave myself a pat down to make sure that I was still "together" and felt the sheets to make sure there was no "dampness" (blood).

"...and water came rushing in and I died."

^ Was it like watching a movie; did you watch yourself die? In those kinds of dreams where I'm likely to die I don't actually get to watch myself die, when that's about to happen is when I wake up; which I assume is because I died.

However, while I dream I am lucid; I know that I am dreaming. If I tell myself to wake up if I'm about to be put in harms way or killed & know that I am then, instantly, I do. I also have recurring dreams; again and again (which I have become lucid in as well). For example: In one of my recurring dreams I was stalked, hunted & killed by a werewolf. Except for the last time I had this dream. Before he had a chance to kill me I told him to stop, not kill me but rather turn me; he did. I've never had that dream again since then. In another recurring dream, I was being chased by a Tyrannosaurus. In previous dreams I was killed, but in my last one I was saved by a Long Neck. I've never had that dream again since either.

• Tori Hicks
    14 years ago

Wow that's amazing!
    I don't have that kinda control, unfortunately.

I pretty much assumed I died. The dream from my point of view, but I remember the water rushing in and it all going black and feeling like I was dead, if that makes any sense.

I've recurring dreams as well.
    For a long time, I had a dream that I was being kidnapped, torturted and murdered, and every time, I would be killed by a knife.
    But I have a set of dreams I've been having all my life.
    I've watched horror films since the day I came home from the hospital. Literally. I grew up on the Halloween series and other creepy flicks like the original When a stranger Calls movies. I'm only 16, but I have a great love of the classics :)
    Anyway, I've had dreams my whole entire life about Michael Myers, the serial killer in Halloween. For a long time, I even thought he was real. I've had tons of dreams where he kills me.
    It's weird.

• Krista
    14 years ago

It wasn't necessarily a "scary" dream, but I dreamed the other night that I saw my dead friend.

I was in our school, just walking down the hallway. I looked to my left, and saw her sitting at a desk in the room. I walked a few more feet, then turned around, because I wanted to see her again. When I went to the door, the door was shut. I opened that door, and there was a other one behind it. It was like this for the rest of the dream. I just opened door after door. Eventually, I sat down and cried, because I couldn't find her. Then I woke up.

My friend died last summer before a surgery. It was scary seeing her again, but maybe it was a sign of sorts..? I've got this feeling now that someone's watching over me.. I dunno.. What do you guys think?

• Captivat3d
    14 years ago

Wow, you guys could probably expand all your stories and make a book out of them lol.

• Tori Hicks
    14 years ago

Wow, LifeIsALovePoem! That's freaky!

That happened with me and my big brother. He was stillborn about a year before I was born, and it broke my mum's heart. In eighth grade, I was really nervous about a choir performance, and the night before, I had a dream that he came and talked to me and told me that it would all be okay.

I'm really sorry about your friend. :( For someone to die so young is a tragedy. (I'm assuming you're in your teens, and so was your friend, but I could be wrong.)

And Bad Romance, I've been writing short stories from all my dreams and stuff, but I can't form a whole book, lol. :) I've written a musical, though, and I'm writing a new one now.

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

I have a scary story, although it didn't happen personally to me, but rather to my aunt and uncle (my Grandmother's brother).

They were driving home from the city one day and there is a hitchhiker on the side of the road. If anyone else had been with them at the time, they wouldn't have bothered to stop and driven right by, but seeing that it was just the two of them they decided to stop and give the man a ride as far they could take him. (Personally, I don't think it was a great idea for them to pick him up, but I can't blame them. They are the nicest people you will ever meet on this green earth. It didn't matter if you were a stranger, they would gladly give you the shirt off your back. My uncle built houses back in his day and several years ago helped my parents and my other aunt [my mom's sister] and uncle to renovate our homes free of charge. We let him stay of course with us and made him something to eat. I'm proud to have gotten the chance to know them. But anyways one with the story...) Along the way they stopped for a bite to eat where they dropped the man off, paid for the mans meal, talked for a long while with him about their lives, while he said nothing of his, and gave him a bit of money to be on his way. When they got home they couldn't find their wallets. Whether they thought the man had taken them or they'd misplaced them, I don't know. However, over a year later, in the mail, they received a package and a letter. It was from the man they had given a ride to. In the package was their wallets with all their cards, photos and money intact. The letter read (along these lines): My original intentions were to rob you, steal your van and leave your bodies on the side of the road (in other words he was going to murder them). But your kindness and generosity touched me and changed my heart. However, I did steal your wallets, your credit cards and your money. I had just been going through such hardship. But all your money that I have used is there an accounted for. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get ahold of you and I just want to thank you for everything...

Just goes to show you how far simply kindness can really take you. Although, my aunt and uncle never picked up another hitchhiker again.

• Tori Hicks
    14 years ago

D:

that's freakY!

• Captivat3d
    14 years ago

I love writing stories but it usually takes me a moment to think about what I should write but everyone's scary dreams are really interesting!

I should start writing down my dreams..lol

• Saving Grace
    14 years ago

This didnt happen to me, but it happened to my granparents at their old house.

When my older brother was really young (like a toddler) my grandparents lived in this old place and they reckon that they used to always hear noises in other rooms even though no-one was in their and just freaky stuff like that all the time. Anyway, there was a certain end of the house that my brother would never go near, and whenever they would take him anywhere near that end of the house he would start screaming and crying and getting really distressed about it. Anyway, one night my grandad said that when he was sleeping he heard someone saying his name and tapping his shoulder and he thought it was my grandma but when he woke up there was a lady sitting at the end of his bed. Sooo that was really creepy to hear that story. But yeah, theres also a really old hospital in the tiny town i live in and people always claim to have seen/heard strange and creepy things at the old nurses courters. It doesnt get used anymore, only for emergency accomodation i think. But we go and check it out sometimes, and there is DEFINATLY a really eerie feeling about the place. lol

• Saving Grace
    14 years ago

And my grandparents moved out soon after that too. lol I know i wouldnt have stayed!!! haha