Suggestion: Recently Posted Poems Column

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    15 years ago

I suggest, if it be possible, that there be a column on the very home page for "Recently Posted Poems" ... it would just feature the five or ten newest poems to the site in all genre's in one nice column. It could come in handy, and provide some publicity for unknown poets; that random click is always the one that counts...
    :D

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    15 years ago

Quite aware of that,
    which is why I specifically stated that it would be on the VERY front page, and it would be ALL genre's.
    We do NOT have that :D

• Fluffy
    15 years ago

^ I do love thee, Modo :)

It IS a fine idea - for I too was thinking about the very same thing last night.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    15 years ago

Yay!
    Now, I betcha the mods will say something negative about it, and Janis will never even see this post.
    *Sigh*
    :(
    Oh well.
    I tried.

• Fluffy
    15 years ago

^Now that's an idea. And yes, we are all eagerly awaiting the arrival of his majesty. What do you think he does all day on his throne?

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    15 years ago

This site is depressing.
    :(
    I'm sad I wasted a perfect opportunity to get my poetry out into the world on this site.

• Noir
    15 years ago

^^ Really...Whatever happened to your last adieu when you stated that you were getting published?

It seems to me that you like being pessimistic...If you don't like this site...Why are you here?

You give good suggestions yet you cry and moan that the mods will cut before they even answered...Clearly you need to have a walk and see the world, because this is unhealthy for anyone...

• Good Enough
    14 years ago

Also u can talk to publishers and try and get ur work published in a magazine. ull be know then :)

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    14 years ago

Noir: I have mental problems. :P

So yes, I tend to do things in unusual, unthoughtful, or illogical manners.

And it keys in with the self-esteem; I view my products -poems, ideas, works of art, etc...- assuming they have the same value as what I see when I'm looking in the mirror: hideousness.

And about my getting published, I had been getting ready to do the whole self-publishing thing... which I've actually prepared for more than once, as a matter of fact. But then I went back into a depression... and got too lazy to follow through.

It happens a lot.

:)

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    14 years ago

@ The Tasteless:

allpoetry.com

If I had focused my attention there, I would be paid AND I would be getting recognition.
    But for some reason, I blindly put what effort I did have into this site, and by saying effort, I mean putting my all.

I suffer from severe depression, so I tend to be quite lazy, just not having the motivation for anything.

It's sad when I watch the one thing I put my heart and soul into fade away into the background.

And I don't have anything left, really. This site sadly killed not only that supposed chance I "could've" had, but it's killed writing for me too.

I don't quite know how, but it has.

As I said, I have severe mental problems.

So don't mind me ;)

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    14 years ago

If I were to leave, then my poems would be deleted eventually; that would not being a good thing, seeing as this site does not protect my works with a copyright {unlike other sites} and people somehow find the time to copy and paste my poems quite often and pass them off as their own; this site is the only record of solid dates I have to fend off plagiarists.