Not Sure...

• xoxShorteexox
    12 years ago

Well this says to tell people a little bit about yourself and meet members on here.

I've been writing on here since February 21, 2005.. My name used to be xoxShorteexox and I hung in the chatroom that was once on here quite a bit. I recently just got my first college degree in Criminal Justice. I'm now working on a bachelors degree in Criminal Justice.

Poetry may be for "emo" people by some people's standards, but for me, it's healthy way to let go of all the negativity so people won't be offended or compare me to others whenever I need to vent about a situation.

I may not be the best poet and you'll never read me say I am, but I believe that the best poetry of all is the poetry that comes straight from the heart and soul...

So write something about yourself and maybe, you can be one of my new friends on here as well. Maybe, you can also tell me what you think of poetry itself.

• Brittany Klein
    12 years ago

Hey!

My name is Brittany O. I have actually been writing since 2006! I just recently erased alot of my old poems from long ago. I used to have over 150 on here now I have bout 90-something.

ALL of my poems are written about my life stories and things that have happened. Until the past couple weeks or so i have been trying something new.... I've been asking other people what THEY would like me to write about!

I am TRULY with you when you say "The best poetry of all is the poetry that comes straight from the heart and soul.."

That is how i write ^_^

But if you want im always up for a chat, or even if you need someone to tlk to I'm hear to listen!!

Nice To Meet You!!!!

~~Brittany O.~~

• Tara Kay
    12 years ago

Hello,
    You probably may have seen me around, and I think I commented on some of your poems before.

My name is Tara-Kay, and I have been a member here since 2005! But writing since years before that.
    I have nearlly 700 poems on here, and I keep meaning do delete some of the older stuff but I can never bring myself too, for I know I have grown as a person and writer, and the early stuff is totally rubbish, but it is still me and what made me who I am now.
    I write to release my thoughts and express myself, I like to put my stamp on the world, and I agree that the best poetry comes from the heart.

I am a pre-school teacher of children aged 2-4, and love it almost as much as writing, I have a level 2 and 3 in childcare and also a level 2 in Makaton Sign Language.

I live in England and am now 24 years old.

I am always around,
    Nice to Meet you both

Your friend,
    Tara-Kay

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

Hie
    My name is Paul Gondwe. I have been a member for like 3 months now. I started writing in 2009 then took a break and recently started again. My first works have since gone missing.

I am not yet a mature writer like others on this site but am getting there. I write stuff that would relate to me but i use my own life experiences sometimes. It seems everybody agrees with your statement about poetry coming from the heart, i do too.

I am currently a 3rd yr student studying for a Bachelors degree in education majoring in English.

I live in Malawi, little country in Africa.

• Mattias Ostling
    12 years ago

Greets!
    I'm a 22 year old guy from northern Sweden, which is part of Scandinavia, and as my account implies, my name is Mattias, or Matt in short. I'm currently studying to become an English teacher, but I'm going to leave it at 2 years instead of the 5 1/2 years planned, and instead work towards a Master's degree and PhD.

One could indeed say that I'm just as much of an English-freak as I'm a computer- and TV series nerd. I love grammar, literature and linguistics, as well as "fun facts", such as floccinaucinihilipilification being the longest non-technical English word. ;)

I've always been a fan of poetry, especially love poetry, however, I've only recently begun writing my own.
    Thinking back, the first poem I wrote wasn't before my last year in upper secondary, which was '07. But I never wrote much back then, and haven't really started writing very recently.
    I've yet to write a single poem that isn't about love in some way, and they're so far only about my actual emotions.
    I'm trying with fictive poetry, but it just isn't the same.

Anyways, that's my story.

Yours sincerely
    Matt

• xoxShorteexox
    12 years ago

It's very nice to meet all of you. It's nice that poetry can bring so many different people from their different countries together. It's nice that a common interest has so many amazing people from all the different walks of life. Congratulations to everyone's accomplishments in writing.

• Nevi
    12 years ago

Hi, I'm Nevi and you probably just started seeing me around on the boards recently. I'm nineteen and live in the western part of North Carolina. A state on the eastern seaboard of the U.S. As I alluded to earlier, I've been around for a little while. I joined this site in 2007 but left sometime in 09 i was never very active then. I returned earlier this year, and have actually joined a club and i'm more active on the boards and such. I wrote my first poem in the fourth grade, and have loved it ever since. I'm still no great poet, but I've definitely grown in my work. I'm a freshman in college, pursuing degrees in communications and spanish. I'm in love with foreign language, and want to be a great translator. I plan to learn as many languages as I can, starting with Spanish, which I already have a few years of study in. I'm always ready to meet new friends. So hit me up sometime!

• xoxShorteexox
    12 years ago

Awesome. Nice to meet you, Nevi.