Acrostic Writing Project/Challenge!!!

• Robert Gardiner
    12 years ago

I am currently working on a writing project. I've written lost of acrostics - most of them in a Romantic Fasion (I write a lot of Acrostic to Female Names - Celebrating my Love for and the Beauty of Woman, in Celebration of the Beautiful Women of the World). I decided to see, if I could accomplish writing a "Good" Acrostic for a each letter of the alphabet at least one acrostic poem per letter and it also has to be a "Good Poem" also. I am trying to write a "Beautiful Name Poem" for every letter of the alphabet. I'm almost there about 5 letters away.

As a writing exercise, project, challenge, see if you can do the same, if you can write a "Good" acrostic for each letter of the alphabet, doesn't matter the subject (Person, Place, or Thing) or Stylejust try to make it a "good one". But for those who really want to challenge themselves, you can make them rhyming acrostics, as I do mine, or you can throw a few double acrostic in there or a triple maybe. Good Luck & Good Writing. Here's to reaching new heights with your writes. May you find the extraordinary poet within you and produce "Poetry Magic".

• Decayed
    12 years ago

Again, I'm here, rippling the waters of my face,
    building castles over shoulders, yet I'm no prince.
    Could it be the tail I want to grow, like everyone else?
    Does it mean that I have to live their lives like this?

---
    It's not like you're suggesting, but I was inspired to write an acrostic from A to Z (all alphabet).

---
    I shall complete this afterwards.

• Robert Gardiner
    12 years ago

Great Idea Lebanese Phoenix go with it. Whatever works to produce good work a most worthy endeavor. Hope you put forth some Brilliant Work.

• HOLLY ARMER
    12 years ago

Ive actually written an alphabet acrostic poem.
    Heres the link

http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/sad/poems.php?id=642882

I think Ill attempt another one. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Omar
    11 years ago

That's a awesome idea.
    Go for it.

• Boy
    11 years ago

Nice poem holly.