Writters Block

• Monica AKA Mika
    11 years ago

So i havent written a poem in almost a year and I used to write everyday. IDK what happened to me. I started dating my fiance and i had so much to write about but then i started working full time and THEN i got pregnant and ever since then i havent touched my notebook. My son is now 8 months old and crawling and doing things on his own a lot and i find myself wanting to write, but I feel like i dont know where to even start...
    HELP.

• Poet on the Piano
    11 years ago

Wow you definitely sound busy, but congratulations on your son!
    I would suggest just taking time when he's sleeping or when you feel peaceful to sit down either without music or listening to something soothing, and just write what you feel. Don't force it but if you have certain phrases or just separate words in mind- it wouldn't hurt to write them down. You could just go off of that word when you feel inspired again. But good luck, just try different things if you can't get inspired, or you can wait til you do have the free moment and you know you feel positive and encouraged to write. Hope that helped :]

• Baby Rainbow
    11 years ago

Hey, writers block is a pain! I suggest keeping a notebook near you and when you get thoughts or feelings write them down quickly, when you have spare time go back to it and try making a poem from what you have collected so far.

If you really want to write now, try using promts. Such as tell yourself you will write a poem beginning with the lines.... or the title... or a topic. I often find listening to music helps me as I will hear a line that inspires me to create a poemn from it.

Good luck, I have found that my best poems are the ones I write after I have had a break for a while.