What is the best thing about friendship-turned-to-love?

• NobodyKnowsItButMe
    11 years ago

Have u ever fallen in love with ur best friend?
    Or are u in love with ur best friend?
    If yes, what is the best feeling about ur love and relationship?
    How do u feel?
    Which one do u think is better, being best friends or lovers?

• sibyllene
    11 years ago

I've been with a guy "romantically" for about four years now, after having been very close friends with him for seven or eight years before that. I might be biased, but I think it's the greatest.

Pro: There isn't really a period where you "wake up" out of your romantic infatuation and realize that they aren't the person you thought. You might have the realization that you don't mesh well together, of course, but their personality is well known to you beforehand. You get more details after dating, but the broad strokes of their character are clear ahead of time.

Pro: If you have a real and solid friendship before dating, you are more likely to feel secure in knowing that your affection is based on a good combination of personalities, rather than just looks or some surface characteristics. You're not going to be close buddies for five years without having some sort of solid, friend-based foundation.

That's not to say that a friendship-turned-lover is the only way to love. It's one of many. And I'm sure there are plenty of people who have tried it and it didn't work out. I'm coming from the perspective of (what I think is) a really positive success story. He's my best friend AND I get to grab his tush anytime I want. It's awesome.

• NobodyKnowsItButMe
    11 years ago

Wow....its good to hear....and i know its better when u experience it...!@sibyllene

• NobodyKnowsItButMe
    11 years ago

Just in short:
    My ex & me were friends for about three years...
    I approached her...we became lovers...but didn't last even for five months...

Now, I've found someone, we were friends for about just 3 or 4 months...but we somehow understand each other quite well... I love her a lot and so does she...
    We are in this relationship for 5 months by now...
    And it feels so good to be loved by someone u love!

• With This Slow Tune I Tell You Goodbye
    11 years ago

Awh! :) my fiance and i had been together for a year and we have had many rough spots but we haven't let it go yet

• NobodyKnowsItButMe
    11 years ago

Wow! That's good... Hold it tight! Best of luck@Jaded Queen!lol

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

Thanks! :) i hope that me and him never fade away and im jaded cause i know what i have and won't let it go lol

• NobodyKnowsItButMe
    11 years ago

You're most welcome! :) @queen ash! :)

• silvershoes
    11 years ago

I'm confused. Are the above posters the same person with 2 separate accounts posting in the same thread? Curious.

I have to agree with Sib that there are usually many pros to being friends with someone before dating them.
    OP, why do you think it didn't work out for you?

• NobodyKnowsItButMe
    11 years ago

I dunno...and i didn't wish to talk about it...but as i've posted it here i'l tell u in brief what actually went wrong...
    Even as a friend i really loved her and admired her a lot...(and ya, she often asked me whether i love her like lovers or like friends or i just admired her?! And she used to tell me that m confused between these two kinda love.)
    Well, for that i would say both the kinda love!
    Coming to how it ended, she was in a relationship before we met, and even after we met she had contact with him, but i didn't want to be possessive(appear possessive) so i didn't tell her *anything (hope u understand what i mean).
    Gradually, i grew suspicious and...found out that there were "mischievous things" going around...
    She tried to hide it but without success!
    That's how we broke-up...

You can read my poem "False Passions"...somehow related...
    Thank you!

• average thoughts
    11 years ago

Best thing is trust betwen two hearts ..

• Autuumnbree
    11 years ago

I believe that's important to be friends before becoming physical, physical attraction doesn't make a relationship last it just stimulate a physical need. I think getting to know a person emotional needs is important and learning their likes and dislikes create a bonding glue for a enriched successful relationship.