Question about logging in~

• Poet on the Piano
    11 years ago

Hi- when I'm on my laptop, P&Q never lets me stay logged on. It's only on this website and on my laptop I can't check my own account. I'll type in screen name and password, then it will say if I have any new messages...I click on private messages and it says you must be logged in to see them. I've pressed the button "stay logged in" but it still doesn't work.

I have Firefox- does anyone know what settings I would need to change or if it's just my laptop? I just wanted to know, I usually use the main computer in our house so it's not too big a deal. Thanks

• ArtistrySoul
    11 years ago

Hi POTP

First of all I don't think its a browser issue, as I use Google Chrome and its made by the same developer who created firefox.

It could be your account problem on P&Q because at times I have to login to vote or comment on a poem......note if you are away from using p&q for 5-10mins it could automatically logout, thus requiring you to login again.

I'm sure you haven't been arguing or used any profanity towards another user because that could be a reason why? you could be blocked from sending PM's, however it couldn't be anything else on what I have specified above and nor is it your Internet options as it allows you visit and display the P&Q site.

Hope that helped, if it still doesn't give you access you can let one of the moderators be aware of your issue as it should be thus resolved :P

• Poet on the Piano
    11 years ago

Thanks Artistry for clearing some of this up, it helped, and I will definitely think about contacting a mod. I haven't been blocked or anything, as I can log on and respond just fine on any other computer I've tried. Anything I clicked that wasn't open to non-members immediately said I must be a member of the site....I don't use my laptop much unless I need it for school or when my family travels or something. It's fine with me because I can just check and post on this website on my home computer.
    Take care.

• ArtistrySoul
    11 years ago

Oh no problem i'm glad some of it helped :)

.. and yes! verify with the mods about the issue thus no convince is caused in the near future, you too take care