Girlfriend or not?

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

So Justin and I both like each other and we say I love you and we hug all the time (haven't kissed yet though...). I'm the only girl that he told his friends that he likes and even the teachers know we have 'a thing'. But he says that I'm not his girlfriend. We like eachother but we're not gf/bf. Does that makes sense? I think that I'm his girlfriend but he says he's not ready for that. Nothing has to change, so I don't see what he's not ready for...

• Darien
    10 years ago

If he says you're not his girlfriend, then you are not. A relationship is a mutual commitment. Who needs a girlfriend at 13 anyway?

• Angel
    10 years ago

I kinda agree with darien. 13 is a little young even to me. if he says youre not together then you arent. me and my best friend liked eachother for almost 2 years before he asked me out. we arent together anymore but we`re still best friends. just be careful and think it through

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

Yeah that makes sense. I know I'm 13 and that I don't need a boyfriend, when I hear of girls doing that I usually role my eyes. When guys ask me out I say 13 too young. I didn't really mean for this to happen, it just kinda did, although I guess I'm the one thinking I'm his girlfriend. It doesn't really matter anymore though, he texted me last night, actually he texted a bunch of my friends, and said he doesn't like me anymore, he won't even respond to my texts. But thanks for the help :)

• Angel
    10 years ago

Omg im sorry sweetie thats rough. just give it a few days or so before trying to talk to him again

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

I guess it's my fault, looks like I was pressuring him into something he didn't want. Well, I don't need a boyfriend at 13 anyway :)

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

Wow, I just found out that he was sick of hearing about my brother who passed away suddenly in February, he said me crying about him is annoying. I'm kind of hurt by that,I din talk about him that much. I just needed someone to talk to, it hasn't even been a year...

• Britt
    10 years ago

Well thank God he showed his true colors before you got too emotionally invested. What a jerk! I'm so sorry you had to hear that, and I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. I don't blame you one bit for crying!

• Angel
    10 years ago

Now thats a grade a jerk. most guys just dont understand the emotions of girls very well. and i agree with everthing britt said