Suicide Awareness Day.

• Poet on the Piano
    10 years ago

So I just found out today is suicide awareness day as well as this week being dedicated to the memories of those who took their life. I personally do not know anyone or any families who have suffered through this but if you would like to share, please feel free to. I think hearing about suicides on the news, whether it be celebrity or a local girl/boy in school, it affects us because it is such a tragedy. It makes us stop and think about how we view life as well as how we influence others.

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

I think this is a very touchy subject for a lot of people but thank you for bring it up. It needs a voice and I have been through a lot with suicideal thoughts. I have known people who have so its tough on me but I think good support is awesome and being strong. No one really understands what negative thoughts or even bullying does to a person. Be aware!

• Angel
    10 years ago

I know a few but theyre too painful to write about

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

That is tough. I understand why you couldn't. Suicide is a very touchy subject for a lot of people

• Angel
    10 years ago

Ya it really is. people say just get over it cauase teyre gone but its so much more than that

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

Yes I totally agree with that. I think whoever says that has never been through suicide

• Poet on the Piano
    10 years ago

Thank you both for replying... I know it can be touchy and many may want to avoid talking about it. My heart goes out to anyone who's had a friend or family member go through this.

Right, I think people need to be more understood that it isn't just a "you're over sensitive" or something. I mean, I'm sure we may have all gone through moments where we feel lifeless or are questioning our purpose. That needs to be dealt with care.

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

Welcome. I will always make suicide aware. It is a really hard to go through as not many people understand at all. Most of my life I have dealt with thoughts so I understand.

I agree we have all felt this way. At least one time. I have felt suicidal for nine years and it still feel like no one understands or cares. My friends now say that God will help but I am question that strongly. My friends dont understand and my parents won't get me help. I've asked them too. So I'm stuck.