Parents found out

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

Hey guys, so today my parents found out that I cut. It's been nine months since I started and my parents assume that I'll just be able to stop. They seem to think that if I cut again it'll be a sign of rebellion, not because I'm addicted. I'm not allowed to shut my door anymore, and they're constantly watching me. Does anyone have any advice? Or ways that I can get the same feeling from cutting, without actually cutting? Anything will help, even just stories about when your parents found, or things I should say or do

Thanks in advance,
    Kayley

• HOLLYBXBE
    10 years ago

Honestly I have been there. Nothing really fully feels like cutting... Everyone is different but I learned that having a journal helped. I'd write down every thought feeling whatever no matter how silly crazy scary sad etc. and in the margins or empty space I would doodle. I was also attempt to draw. I was really bad at it at first but then I put all my pain and anger into focusing and I was able to eventually draw really well. It's not easy to stop and parents don't understand what they haven't been through. I suffer from depression and I know the struggles and how parents can turn it into rebellion or attention seeking. If you ever need a "shoulder" or someone to talk to message me and I promise I'll be here the best I can. It's not fun to go through alone

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

• Angel
    10 years ago

Hey girl long time no talk

one way that i found helped me was just writing it out. that, eating and working out like theres no tomorrow also helps. when my parents found out, they were pissed. they just didnt really talk to me and when they did we would always end up yelling at eachother. now that i'm 11 months free from it, all i do it eat (not necessarily healthy but it helps, and work out. i've been putting my heart and soul into my music and my dancing. jsut find something to occupy your mind and be thankful that your parents want to keep an eye on you cause my parents didnt give a damn. love you girl olease get beter

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

Thanks Sonia :)

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    10 years ago

I used to cut and it wasn't pretty when they found out...my mom started crying saying what they had done wrong...honestly cutting is addictive ESPECIALLY if the person is sad or hurting emotionally what helped me stop was knowing that my dead gf wouldn't be proud of me of what i was doing so I changed i went shopping dropped all my emo clothing in a box and haven't worn a really dark color in months...what keeps helping me is the thoughts no the memories i hold deep inside that makes me smile to remain strong...also tallking to friends help and Sonia belongs to the best club there is for that particular part in people's lives

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

I think a lot of people cut and it really is addictive. My parents don't care and I don't care that they don't. We are all stronger then we think. It's great you haven't done anything in months. Oh I also hate people who say it's "for attention" that's crap. But I think we can all change though it is difficult.

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

Thank you so much :)

• Saturos
    10 years ago

Get ready to laugh, and or be weirded out. Sometimes I go to the beach late at night, and scream my lungs out, until it feels as though there's nothing left to scream about. Exercise helps me, as well.. I'm moving to a piece of land in a week's time, and I'm about to buy myself a large tyre and sledgehammer, so that I can hit it all day, and get the energy out. Whatever does the job :)

Also, chamomile tea does a good job at chilling a person out, and is a natural way of doing so.

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

I like exercise a lot. Walking for me helps me get anger out and calm me down. Music or writing can help too. Pretty much anything healthy :)

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

Thank you guys :)

• Saturos
    10 years ago

It's alright, I hope everything gets better for you.

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

You are welcome. I hope nothing but peace for you

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    10 years ago

Your welcome :)