Need a Friend

• Veeda
    8 years ago

I feel my depression coming back again. I don't know what to do. I know I should talk to someone but it feels like that I don't have anyone to turn to. I'm scared of thinking irrationally and making stupid decisions. I was a bad alcoholic and don't want to turn to that again. I don't have any interest in doing anything to distract myself. Feeling trapped and alone. Sorry for my little rant but I don't know what else to do. Thanks for reading.

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

Hi, Veeda! Please feel free to message me. I'm always here to listen or offer support :)

And don't hesitate to post on here, it's not ranting. And even if it is as we have a rant thread, we all have to release what's bothering us. And work through it. As one of my pastor's said, a problem shared is a problem half-solved.

Depression is a vicious monster, but I don't believe it has to dominate us or take over our lives. There is help and a way to overcome it. For everyone. Even it requires taking small baby steps or having to re-start each day. I know there are days where I don't believe that or have any clarity about hope. So it take's reminding. It takes time.

Take care!

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

Veeda, I'm just following up to see how it's going with you.