Contests

• Milly Hayward
    8 years ago

How do we newbies locate the current competitions? I click on the contest link and it shows the winners and previous winners but nowhere can I find any information on what is the current competitions and where to find them.

Can anyone help?

• Britt
    8 years ago

Welcome to the site!

The weekly contest on the front page comes from the site -members can nominate others new poetry, and we have 5 anonymous judges that will vote each weekend. The highest number of votes puts you on the front page.

We run smaller contests occasionally that can be found in the Members Message forum. There is also a link at the top of the forum/discussion pages that say Poetry Contest. It's not as active as it used to be, but still fun! :)

• Shruti
    8 years ago

You don't need to go anywhere in particular to join a contest. This contest goes on every week. You keep submitting poems, and other members will nominate.

• Maple Tree
    8 years ago

Sweet Milly-

Just by commenting as you are, your poetry is getting read, this I know... Your latest is dazzling!

Im so happy you joined this site!

• Milly Hayward
    8 years ago

Thank you I cant tell you how happy I am to have joined. This site has changed my life and given it purpose again. The poetry here is amazing and so diverse, its like an endless feast with many courses of the richest food of so many sources.

• Em
    8 years ago

^
    Milly what a beautiful thing to say. You to are wonderful.

• Milly Hayward
    7 years ago

Thanks Em (Blush)