Tisulsky Princess

• Everlasting
    7 years ago

Has anyone heard of the 800 million year old Woman found in a casket in Russia? It sounds hard to believe. Could this be true?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.itechpost.com/amp/articles/72762/20170109/evolution-hoax-800-million-year-old-woman-found-russia.htm?client=safari

• hiraeth
    7 years ago

It's been floating around for a while, but I haven't found any credible news outlet pick up on this. It seems like a stretch, if the body was found in 1969 and was actually legitimate, it would've had a huge impact. Also seems odd that the body 'blackened' immediately when exposed to air, I'm pretty sure that isn't plausible and would need a much longer time for that to occur.

• Everlasting
    7 years ago

I think it blackened due to people removing the pink liquid that had been perceiving it. But after pouring the liquid back, the body once again became "alright". It really sounds surreal. But I don't find anything that says it's a hoax. If anything, I'm reading that if this is true, then Darwins theory of Evolution is a hoax.

• Ben Pickard
    7 years ago

Personally, it seems that there's much more chance of this being a hoax than the theory of evolution; as Mark says, if this had been taken seriously, it would have made international headlines.
    To cover up a theory as vast and profound as evolution would require so many people for so many years remaining tight lipped that it defies belief. Remember, Darwin was at the start but thousands of others have worked and published proof of the evidence since. Our museums are packed full of bones that actually chart the process.
    Also, it's down to personal bias. A religious person may want to see this as a find that throws evolution back in the face of science whereas an atheist (like me) would refuse to see any other alternative but evolution. As that leads me perfectly to my other point (that this thread has the risk of becoming religious) I will, henceforth, run for the bloody hills!

Goodbye!

• Everlasting
    7 years ago

Ben, thats a good point. Though a part of me wishes it was true. The woman might as well be an Alien! For some reason I find that fascinating. If she is, it won't disturb Darwins theory of evolution ( which I also find fascinating even though I believe in God, and that it is hard for me to believe that we evolved from apes.. I do believe we are evolving but... you know... ).

And yup, this thread has that risk. I hope it just turns into a casual and fun conversation.

• hiraeth
    7 years ago

I trust you guys to be civil. The trump thread was extremely civil, all things considered.

Also googling "Rzhavchik Tisulskago" the supposed village, leads only to that story, there's nothing on google maps or anything else for that matter.

• Moe
    7 years ago

Evolution is a proved theory but the story of us evolving from apes actually isn't, they just linked us to apes since they are the closest to us in looks and functionality. but there are lots of missing things to link us to them, also if we simply follow the stereotype of all other evolved forms of life, it makes me like 90% sure that our ancestry went extinct at some point and only we; the evolved counterpart survived. That is totally my own opinion tho.
    And about the lady. Nop I don't believe that story at all. It is just weak in layout and we humans have had many scientifically advanced civilization and was never able to keep a body in perfect preservation after death, even the Pharaohs who were the most advanced at this -as far as I know- couldn't reach "perfect preservation.