Your Man....Donald??

• Hellon
    7 years ago, updated 7 years ago

So..it seems my computer's virus is sleeping for the moment and pop-ups have been given the night off so, I will take the opportunity to ask everyone what they are thinking of your man two weeks into his presidency? I hear he's already hung up on a call to our prime minister here in Australia...he's making China all twichy and has given Iran a warning...he even TWEETS his grievances for all the world to see...???? Who is this guy you've elected???

• hiraeth replied to Hellon

#NotMyPresident

since you know, I'm Canadian. :)

I really wonder what's going through his mind when he's signing these executive orders and if he even takes a second to consider if there's even repercussions at all.

• Maple Tree
    7 years ago

He's truly going to destroy us all. I did not vote for him, and all I can say is I'm sick to my stomach having him as our president.

• Brenda replied to Maple Tree
    7 years ago

He's not my president, I didn't vote for that man. I cringe every time I hear his voice.

• Larry Chamberlin
    7 years ago

I did not vote for him, but I accept that he is the president of my country. Not that it is any comfort.

He is a loose cannon if there ever was one. More than anyone he reminds me of Richard Nixon but with the lack of personal accountability that forced Nixon to resign rather than suffer the impeachment trial.

I don't even think he'd have erased the tapes. He'd simply have denied they existed.

• Brookie
    7 years ago

We are ohh so excited that he won.. *cries a little* Im honestly scared about LGBT protections here and im worried whats going to happen if he takes away the discrimination protections *worried*

On another note~ We did the math with a program me and a friend made to calculate what is the absolute lowest possible number of people needed to vote a president in (we are talking about our shitty system we have in USA that makes it so that not every vote is even..)

Alright... Yall ready for this?

we found that 22% of the population in the USA is all that is needed to get the 'majority'. If those 22% were in places where their votes counted more... So if the 78% of the world voted against that 22% they would still lose..
    Considering only about 50% of AMericans vote that brings you at 11% of the people in the USA could decide who our president is... JFC thats just horrible..... Also im just so mad because statistically there are more democrats that dont vote (because they believe their vote doesnt count, a lot of dems live in high pop areas where their vote LITERALLY counts less) so they just dont.. Like yeah it might take 3-4 of you to make 1 vote of someone in a rural area but for heavens sake lets be real here...

Anyways... back to the topic at hand..
    Im mostly just scared for my life... What might happen.. You know?

• silvershoes

I could write a novel about Donald Trump and how I feel about him, but I won't. Suffice to say, he's a buffoon. A dangerous buffoon.

I don't think he is a Christian (not a "bad" Christian; I genuinely think he's faking religious belief), a true blue conservative, a good husband, a good father, a good businessman, or an honest man in any sense of the word. I don't know how anyone sound of mind can like him. Decent people voted for him! That blows my mind. I thought he was an arrogant asshat when he was a reality tv star, but now? Words do not begin to cover it. I'll just go with "dangerous buffoon" and call it a day.

• Azrael
    7 years ago

The downfall of America hit the fast lane 8 years ago, and now there is no turning back. Buckle up buttercup and hold on.

• silvershoes replied to Azrael
    7 years ago

Maybe. I liked and like Obama a lot (and his family), but I don't agree with everything he did. Still, he helped restore us in the eyes of the rest of the world. With Trump, we are made ridiculous again.

• Nicko
    7 years ago

maybe he will do good

Or like Obama who had good intentions but due to your political system wont actually achieve anything

• Poet on the Piano

So much to say but really, I want to highlight the beauty in the confusion:

I've found comfort and solidarity from people all around the world.... the people who aren't burning flags, aren't the anarchists or riot-starters, but who are stepping up to assert their voice and tell of the America they knew and dreamed about. We can still be that America, I believe, even with Trump. The sheer number of people from all walks of life that have chosen paths of peace and love during these months... If that doesn't warm your heart and give you hope.

I've been to two rallies downtown in my city so far. A city I've lived in for over 15 years but never wanted to participate much in. Both rallies were 100% peaceful protests. No one condoned hate, ugly words or bigotry.

During my anger, I'm mad at the people I know for not being upset with me. But if I take a breath and step back, I realize they're still the same people I know and love. Family and friends that have supported Trump are still good people, but they may not see as we do. Our closest family friends we've known since we moved here are very politically-minded, but when we see them each week we don't talk about specifics.... we don't look at each other differently. I'm so thankful for that. They have different ideas about what's important enough to speak up about.

I spoke with a family friend at church today, someone who has strong opinions as I do but we managed to agree and I nodded my head when he spoke about hoping for the best. I'm one of the people who sarcastically rolled her eyes when others said this before, but I want to be hopeful. That doesn't mean we have to accept and stand silent on important issues that threaten our or minority's rights. I believe if we keep staying strong and using our platforms to speak up about injustices, share our stories, talk to senators and congressmen, etc., then we can step by step make a difference. As long as our goal remains the same. As long as anger and violence don't betray our purpose.

• silvershoes replied to Poet on the Piano

Well written, wise, and thoughtful. Love everything you wrote. I let my frustration with Donald Trump cloud my judgment sometimes, but it's important to be open-minded and kind in the midst of this chaos.

• E. J. Iverson replied to Poet on the Piano
    7 years ago

Poet on the Piano: I really appreciate your post. It was everything that I needed to hear today. It's well written and a good reminder of the people that it has brought together.

I've been a walking ball of anxiety that's been having little fits of rage since inauguration day. I can admit that the anxiety has been rather selfish on my part as there are many people that have it worse but we can only fight the battles in which we are present. The anxiety for me is being a women married to another women- there is so much fear of our rights being stripped away not even a year after they were given. The level of outward discrimination has noticeably increased for my wife and I, as more bold people believe that it's their place to make comments about how 'gross' my relationship is when we are simply sitting together on the bus, I've been feeling increasingly threatened walking in public because of the hate crimes that have been happening around me. It's been a rough few weeks... And the rage, well, I am a Christian and I have been fighting to be a bridge between lgbt and Christianity for quite a while now, they are not mutually exclusive, and I will not stand aside while Christian's hate Gays and vise-versa. It enrages me to see Trump claiming to be a Christian and that our Country has good Christian values. He is setting up the opportunity for this Country to harvest more hate, racism, homophobia, xenophobia, etc. while putting the blame on Christianity. It is giving True Christianity a bad name and it is giving hate an excuse. So much deep damage is being done right now and it's only been a few weeks. The idea of Impeaching him won't solve any problems as the Vice President is even worse. It's hard to be okay with the idea of what's to come...

But at the same time, it's amazing to see all of the good that is being done. So many great things are happening all around the US and it's super important that people see that, it's the only thing that is going to bring hope. Seeing posts of encouragement is always needed.

• Poet on the Piano replied to E. J. Iverson
    7 years ago

Best wishes to you, Ezrah, and your wife. I wish nothing but peace and love for you both. I think you said such an awesome, wise statement. That being Christian and pro-LGBTQ are NOT mutually exclusive. I think for some on the outside so to speak, it is all too easy to be deceived and say, oh well "those people" can't possibly be Christian. Growing up Catholic, I never thought our church was discriminatory. I defended same-sex marriage and only that probably til I was 18 or 19. It's only been in the past few years that I've realized how judgmental and close-minded I've been, by assuming that the LGBTQ community is in need of prayer or healing... or that they're any less deserving, if that makes sense? So I've realized how I've contributed to that discrimination and though I know many Catholics who mean well and just follow the teachings, as I've studied them for so long, I realize I want to be part of the bigger picture of "love is love". We need more Christians involved in supporting and defending LGBTQ rights, so thank you. I see you and appreciate you.

Also, please don't ever say your anxiety is selfish. I've said that before and thought the same, that others have it worse so why am I anxious? Your anxiety is valid. You are valid. And your love is valid.

Stay strong through this, you are not alone! <3

• silvershoes replied to Poet on the Piano
    7 years ago

Aiiiiieeee, wisdom! Just nodding my head over here :)

• E. J. Iverson replied to Poet on the Piano
    7 years ago

Thank you, Poet on the Piano (I don't know your real name, I'm sorry), for your kind words. It's crazy how opinions and perspectives change as we grow. I do understand entirely what that outside perspective is like- I grew up in an ultra conservative environment where I was also taught that being gay is wrong and that 'those people' needed prayer and healing. I kept everything bottled inside for many years, not saying anything about the topic or defending it (something that I am ashamed of, but it was really important for growth and safety). I also agree that a lot of people are just following teachings and mean well- If people don't support the LGBTQ community or rights, it is their right to respectfully state that as long as they aren't spreading hate and discrimination against people because they are different. It's really wonderful that you are looking at the bigger picture and have a deep understanding of what it means to love others. I appreciate you too.

I hope that you know how wonderful you are. This really helped me with where I am at right now. So thank you. <3