I need a little help here

• CJ Maleney
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

OK

So I've dug out my old poems, well rhymes! They are old and they span from 1994 to about 1998 (the year I got married, go figure lol).

Anyway its the first things I ever wrote and they are in paper format, so old are yellowed, and a little brittle.

They are basically me when I first started writing before the wilderness years, which lasted probably about 16 or 17 years. I only wrote one thing during that gap (my little hands, which I've shared) so I've about 30 or 40 rhymes from my youth ish, I wanna post. Some are OK some are bloody terrible.

Question, is there a way to separate them from my latest things?

I don't think there will be but I have to ask. What makes it worse is not one has a tittle. I just sat and twaddled em out.

I've posted two but figured I would post the rest before the paper they are written on disintegrates.

Any help is appreciated

Craig

Example.

So once again
    The pens in hand
    Though this time
    A different land

Four thousand miles
    May seem so much
    Resolve so strong
    No mile could touch

I spend my time
    With thoughts of you
    And I dream that I
    Lay next to you

I've travelled so much
    I've been so far
    But wherever I will go
    I know you always are.

Written about 1998. I included no punctuation back then.

• silvershoes
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

You might consider opening a second account to share your older poetry on. Just make sure to link the moderators to your second account so we can track it.
    Maybe you will want to link the two accounts together in your profile pages as well, clarifying that both accounts are you, but that each account has a purpose (new versus old poetry). Up to you :)

• CJ Maleney replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago

I did think about this but didn't like the idea of having two accounts.

Think I'll just mention it in tittle or in comments at the end

Craig

• silvershoes
    6 years ago

That was going to be my next suggestion. Good luck!

• Thomas replied to CJ Maleney
    6 years ago

AR,

I was actually going to say a good idea May be to date the poem as the title, not the date written in the title, or even at the bottom of the poem note when it was written (even if you don't have a specific date, you can just note it is older writing.

• Naughtymouse
    6 years ago

Hey Craig me old mucker,

If it were me I'd bracket "archive" or something like that next to the title, so - "Poem In My Pants (Archive)" or you could just label them " Archive #1" then "2" and so on, if you need a hand with titles pm me and I can help you out if you need.